Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Winni@ goldenstarlighting.com

But it has to be said, I've never paid anywhere close to £350 for shipping on any order from Goldenstar (and I've had over 80Kg of stuff shipped), but then I've never used the website to buy anything.
    DHL should be 5USD/kg once you're over about 12kg.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Sounds like someone got their wires crossed. Either that, or else the order was a lot heavier than expected. I've never known Goldenstar to pull any kind of bait-and-switch play on shipping. They're good people - they just don't do that sort of thing.

I've ordered several *very* large flight cases from Goldenstar, and the shipping was around $225 each on those. These things weighed 90 lbs and were quite bulky. (2-man lift applies!) Knowing what I do about their product line, I can't imagine anyone ordering anything from them that would be any bigger than that order.

I did notice though that DHL's price was a lot higher - close to $350 - for the same shipment. Mimi offered to send them via Federal Express instead, because it was so much cheaper. In this case it could be that the expensive quote was for DHL, and that FedEx might be cheaper, just like it was for me. I'd check to be sure.

For some reason, DHL gets stupid-expensive once you get over a certain size/weight limit. While FedEx also charges for overweight packages, they are not nearly as bad. And since they both can get a package delivered from the other side of the planet in 3-4 days, there's no real difference other than price.

Bottom line: Contact Mimi directly and ask about the high shipping estimate. I strongly suspect it's a simple mistake, or at worst it's a quote from DHL, in which case you can save money by using FedEx instead.

Adam

Edit: Just thought of something... I'm pretty sure Winni was in charge of updating the website. Now that she is gone, it's possible that a few bugs have been introduced and Mimi is not aware of them. Either way, contacting her directly is the surest way to get this resolved quickly.
    Last edited by buffo; 05-28-2014 at 09:45.

Have tried emailing and also messaging on facebook. No reply, over 24h after my last attempt

Which email address did you use?
    I'm not sure the website 'contact' is that great.

Try john [at] goldenstarlaser.com or mimi [at] goldenstarlaser.com
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Which email address did you use?
    I'm not sure the website 'contact' is that great.

Try john [at] goldenstarlaser.com or mimi [at] goldenstarlaser.com
    Tried all the addresses I could find - amy, mimi, winnie, minnie, dopey, sleepy... Also both the main and amy's FB page. Not john's though!

There is definitely something wrong with the website's shipping calculator. I just put some items in my shopping cart that were similar to my last order, and the shipping estimate was $395. Actual shipping for my last order was almost $200 cheaper than that. So something is amiss.

I sent an E-mail to Mimi asking her to post here. Hopefully she will see it soon (bearing in mind that it's the middle of the night in China right now.)

Adam

Default about shipping cost

Hi dear friend,

Sorry for this delay, usually, we send by DHL to USA and Eurepe, if someone requests UPS and Fedex, we will send as requested. For our shipping cost, below 21KG, it is USD10-12/KG, above 21KG, it is USD6.5/KG. The price of shipping cost in our website is a little higher, because it has some complicated setting we don't know. So if you want to buy something, please send e-mail to us directly, my e-mail is mimi@goldenstarlaser.com

We can't go to facebook directly, we need to download some software and log in because of government.

Anyway, thank you for your support, we will do better and better in future.

Nice day!

mimi

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post
    Tried all the addresses I could find - amy, mimi, winnie, minnie, dopey, sleepy... Also both the main and amy's FB page. Not john's though!

Hi Adam,

Yes, I got it when I woke up and read it in my mobile. Thank you for your information and support. I will check and see how to correct the shipping cost.

Thank you

mimi

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    There is definitely something wrong with the website's shipping calculator. I just put some items in my shopping cart that were similar to my last order, and the shipping estimate was $395. Actual shipping for my last order was almost $200 cheaper than that. So something is amiss.

I sent an E-mail to Mimi asking her to post here. Hopefully she will see it soon (bearing in mind that it's the middle of the night in China right now.)

Adam

Hi dear friend,

If you want to find me online, please join my skype:mimi198310

For shipping cost, usually by DHL, below 21KG, it is around 12/KG, above 21KG, it is USD6.5/KG .

If you want to order something,please let me know.

Nice day!

mimi

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post

Hi dear friend,

Thank you for your pointing out the problem. We will be more careful in your order in future, hope you still support us. Of course, we always give old customers good price and discount. Just want to do something for laser industry, good price, and good product, good service.

Winni is John's sister, we are family and friends, although she left our company, she also helps us , I still think she is one part of Golden star, so if you want to contact her to buy something or laser, it is no problem.

If any questions,please feel free to contact us.

Nice day!

mimi

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I don't find their shipping prices any different from any other priority service anywhere else in the world. Its just as costly to ship a Fedex box from Pangolin, and I don't believe Pangolin charge extra.

I will say that I had my very last deal with Winni the last couple of months and it was completed by someone else (due to Winni leaving), and it was a lot of hassle. Incorrect items sent, specs changed without my knowledge, lots of small instances of import fees due to piecemeal delivery. Took nearly 2 months to resolve and more money than it should've and after 3 odd years trouble free dealing with Winni, has made me wonder if I'll enter into more commerce again, which is a shame. I've either been unlucky, or Winni really did go the extra mile for us.