Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Winni@ goldenstarlighting.com

Sorry winni, took my business to lightspace - they answered their email.

It wasn't Winni you were speaking to. Winni LEFT the company, remember? The above was posted by Mimi.

The fact that you can't tell the difference between Mimi and Winni makes me question if you really did send messages to "amy, mimi, winnie, minnie, dopey, sleepy...", or if you sent them to Winni and Amy only. Since Winni is gone and Amy is on baby-leave, it is clear that trying to reach either one of them would be impossible. But Mimi is still there - she's the owner of the company!

Also, your first post on this issue was dated yesterday, and today you say it took too long so you went with another company? Rather short period you gave them to respond, don't you think?

And you comment about how it had been more than 24 hours doesn't hold water either, since your first post (time-stamped yesterday at 06:26 AM) says that you "just been on their website" (sic). Then, at 15:26 PM on the same day you said that you tried e-mailing and Facebook messaging and had no replies for over 24 hours. But only 9 hours had passed... That would mean you would have had to e-mail them about the problem BEFORE you checked the website. But you said you found out about the problem when you visited the website, so how could you e-mail them about it earlier?

I'm all for cracking down on a company if they deserve it, but in this case it's pretty clear that your claims do not add up at all. And I definitely think you owe them an apology for your "bait and switch" accusation, which has been shown to be untrue.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 05-29-2014 at 11:28.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    But Mimi is still there - she's the owner of the company!
    Wasn't John the owner ?!

--- www.neodym.be ---

No. John and Winni are brother and sister. Up until a few months ago they both worked for Goldenstar. Winni recently left to start her own company, but John still works at Goldenstar (He's married to Mimi). Nevertheless, Mimi has always been the owner and the boss.

Also, Mimi has a brother named Sam, who is married to Amy. Both Amy and Sam work for Mimi at Goldenstar. So yeah - lots of family in the business.

That's one reason why I like dealing with them so much. They are all very nice people, and they will bend over backwards to get you what you need. Not many vendors are like that.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 09-03-2014 at 05:32.

No apologies for me to make, Adam. It's their job to administer their website and ensure it's reporting prices and contact information accurately. It's their job to answer their emails / messages. As a matter of fact I messaged everyone on their contact list on their website, both their Facebook presences, as well as taking your advice and emailing john, and I still haven't had a reply. And whilst you might blame their location for at least some of the difficulty, lightspace are also Chinese and they replied. Goldenstar have lost my business this time around, if they want my future custom, they should perhaps apologise to me for such shoddy customer service.

By the way, Sherlock, your detective work is as poor as your Confirmation Bias, I started emailing them long before I came here, duh, (to amy on the 27th), your attitude stinks - why the hell should I lie about this? In fact, how about apologising to me for such a crass accusation? Nah, didn't think so. Pathetic.

@ buffo : I learned something more

Do you know if Winni started a laser-based company? I never got an answer from GSL.

--- www.neodym.be ---

My understanding is that it is a Stage Lighting company that also sells some lasers, but the main focus is on standard lighting fixtures and equipment.

I haven't spoken with Winni since she left Goldenstar, but Mimi has kept me up to date on a few things.

Adam

Thumbs down You are a total prick.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post
    as well as taking your advice and emailing john
    That wasn't my advice, it was Norty's. Once again you don't even know who you are talking to. If you would bother to pay attention to what people post you might avoid these embarrassing cock-ups in the future.

if they want my future custom, they should perhaps apologise to me for such shoddy customer service
    How do you figure? First off, you aren't a customer yet. Then, you e-mail the wrong people, refuse to correct this when it's pointed out to you, and then start bashing the company on the forum before they even have a chance to address your concerns. Now how exactly is that bad customer service on their part?

If anything, it's over-entitled prattle from a pretentious prick. But that's all on you.

I started emailing them long before I came here, duh, (to amy on the 27th)
    First, your statement above is completely at odds with everything else you posted here. You didn't say "I e-mailed them 2 days ago and then checked their website and found a problem." No, you said "I just checked their website and found a problem." And then only later that same day did you start bitching about slow e-mail replies.

Second, it's already been explained that Amy is on baby leave. If you had contacted Mimi (as *I* suggested), you would have gotten your answer. But evidently you couldn't be arsed to do so. (Mimi stated that she did not receive any messages from you, which really makes me question your statement that you e-mailed "amy, mimi, winnie, minnie, dopey, sleepy..." Yeah, right.)

Finally, I find it oh-so-convenient that only now, after people are starting to question your integrity, that you feel the need to "qualify" your earlier statements. Confirmation bias my ass... The rest of the people here in this thread are well aware of Goldenstar's excellent customer service reputation. One baseless rant from a jack-hole who can't even bother to re-send an e-mail to the correct address to get his answer certainly won't change that.

your attitude stinks
    My attitude? Dude, take a look in the mirror. You are acting like a class-1 jerk, and ever after several people explained that 1) you are contacting the wrong people, and 2) your accusations of the company's intent are completely baseless and libelous, you still won't admit your mistake.

Don't get me wrong: everyone is free to do business with whomever they choose. But your comments about Goldenstar using a bait and switch scheme are completely baseless and out of line.

Adam

Hi Adam ,
    Tks for your explations here . And this is John, and mimi is my wife ,we are the owner and boss from goldenstar .and nice to meet u here ,friend .

Hi friend ,
    Tks for your information here .
    This is goldenstar John ,my sister do her company now ,if need more information ,u can contact her directly email : wenxiaoni1987@163.com.
    If any help ,please let me know soon ,we are so pleasure to do that for u .
    Best regards
    John
    wenzhuang128@163.com
    goldenstarwinni@hotmail.com
    www.goldenstarlaser.com