Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Winni@ goldenstarlighting.com

So here's my review

Winni contacted me on this forum after she read my thread about buying a second laser.
    My previous experiences with RGB projectors are from Laserworld and Rasha, but that's another story..

I ordered 2x 1W RGB Projectors and she was fast with answers, really fast. We where talking almost every day since she contacted me until i received the stuff i ordered.
    It took a while to get the stuff since the green diodes where out of stock but it didn't take that long to get them.

This is what i ordered:
    2 pcs S-RGB1000lasers with the hot deal. (With proper dicro mirror mounts)
    1 pcs Pangolin Quickshow
    4 x 15 meters ILDA Cable
    1 pcs Emergency switch

Just after the shipping she sent me photos of the build, and the first thing i noticed was that the first mirror didn't have the 3D mount as i asked for but the other 2 had them. This was in both projectors, so she agreed to send me 2 mounts and 2 mirrors with DHL Express so i can't really complain there, i will get it in a few days.

I also got 6 ILDA cables, i guess 2 where in the projector package, i didn't have a clue about that when i ordered so i guess its a nice bonus.
    Don't know what to say about the cables really, they do their job the connector housing are made of plastic while my other are made of rubber but i guess this is because i could choose how long cables i wanted and it was a really nice price on the cables. I totally recommend it if you need longer runs.

So i picked up my cases at the DHL Service point and i was really happy that there was no writing on the cases with a black marker after reading this thread

I plugged the projectors in and fired up Quickshow, and here it comes... The X scanner didn't work and i got a bit worried. Anyways i tried the other projector and the same thing with that one, No X scanning there either. I came to the conclusion that they can't be broken since they both have the same symptoms.

I decided to open it up and try to find what was wrong with it, she emailed me the manual for the DT-40 scanners a while ago and i decided to have a look there and compare it with the wiring in the projector. So i found it, there was no power to the driver and after looking around i found the cable and connected it and it worked out perfectly, same thing with the other projector. (I also found a loose screw inside one of the projectors that came from the fan on one of the modules, easy fixed)

I havent been messing around with them that much yet since its christmas soon and i have lot's of other things to take care of.

One thing i noticed is that the green is a little bit weaker on one projector, not sure why? Maybe anyone here got a clue?

My camera is quite shitty so i just upload the photos winni took of the projector before she shipped it.

Another thing, the emergency stop thing i bought has han laser emission led, but it could get the led to work. Will try to do some measurements after the weekend to find out whats wrong with that one.

I do recommend buying from Winni, actually im really happy with the projectors so far (Compared to my other experiences) even if i had some minor issues at first.
    Good communication, and support and im sure she would help me out if i run into any problems.

Worth mentioning is that i could choose if i wanted dipswitches or a display for the DMX settings. I picked the display and it was nice blue backlit
    (Will upload a photo of that one later)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild-1.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	29444Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	29443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	230.4 KB 
ID:	29435Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front4.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	29432Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	29437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front2.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	29433Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	248.7 KB 
ID:	29440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back panel.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	29434
    Last edited by db3306; 12-22-2011 at 13:26. Reason: Wrong photos

I also have had good communication with her.
    I will explain to her about the double posting and I bet she will edit within a day and sin no more--lol

I dont think is always fair to paint all that we try to do biz from China with the same brush. Jetlasers is a perfect example.
    *****************42 days****************

hak
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 01-26-2012 at 11:43.

Wow for a Chinese mob the build quality on the s4500 rob looks really good. Very tempting to buy a quick show and one of the h type cases to get closer to finishing my projector. Can you pbscube their 400mw 640s or are they already cubed internally?

reason for edit: to really screw up a post doesnt take a computer, it takes an apple ipad!

edit 2: Just ordered a case style "H" from Winni. I opted for the flight case, and the digital DMX control. Paid yesterday - hopefully I should have it next week.
    Last edited by dash8brj; 02-16-2012 at 17:09.

Hey folks.

Does anyone know how long goldenstar take to ship - its been a week since I paid for my order, and I have yet to recieve a shipping confirmation from Winni regarding my case. I dont wan't to nag Winni incessantly about it as I dont want to sound like an annoying customer - I have plans to buy some reds and greens from them for this and other projectors.

Cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dash8brj View Post
    Hey folks.

Does anyone know how long goldenstar take to ship - its been a week since I paid for my order, and I have yet to recieve a shipping confirmation from Winni regarding my case. I dont wan't to nag Winni incessantly about it as I dont want to sound like an annoying customer - I have plans to buy some reds and greens from them for this and other projectors.

Cheers guys.
    I had no issues with 2 deliveries. They shipped within a day of payment and received in around 3-4 days. All shipped from Hong Kong to Perth (not far). Email Winni, she won't mind! Tell her Wayne said Ni Hao.
    This space for rent.

Cheers Dnar - I'll email her tomorrow morning if I dont see any movement at the station. Did Winni send you details of the shipment (tracking DHL stuff) apon shipping? Winni promised to ship this week when I asked on tuesday.

edit: funnily enough Winni has just emailed me. I had forgotten about the chinese holidays and the case factory has not gotten back into swing completly. So I guess I wait a bit longer.
    Last edited by dash8brj; 02-22-2012 at 22:05.

Cheers Dnar - I'll email her tomorrow morning if I dont see any movement at the station. Did Winni send you details of the shipment (tracking DHL stuff) apon shipping? Winni promised to ship this week when I asked on tuesday.
    Yeah she did, but asked her to before hand. She even emails when you receive the goods to see if your happy.
    edit: funnily enough Winni has just emailed me. I had forgotten about the chinese holidays and the case factory has not gotten back into swing completly. So I guess I wait a bit longer.
    Chinese holidays are over, although they might be winding back up slowly.

Winni watches these forums like a hawk!
    This space for rent.

Winni usually emails with a date of dispatch and tracking link when they're dispatched.
    I've found that some items take longer to dispatch as they have to order them in on demand, rather than from stock.
    In my recent emails, Winni did apologize for a delay in responding as they were very busy.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

yeah did the same for me earlier. I'm not so worried now. You panic a bit when theres no updates after sending the better half of $300 as a "gift" to some unknown. Sorry Winni, I've been burned before, thankfully, it seems your ok. Expect some laser orders very soon (need a 500mw 640 for a start!)

Winni has emailed me pictures and said the flight case is "a little small". So I've asked her to check and see if the completed projector case will fit inside without destroying the foam. If so I'll have her send it over. If not I've asked her to get the factory to send the correct sized flightcase :P

This is going to be fun putting it together when it arrives - I remember meccano and dick smith electronics kits as a kid. Cant wait to get it scanning the ILDA test pattern with my 150 mw green TTL laser. That'll do until I save the funds for a 1/2 watt green from Winni

Now where did I put my drill and tap set? :P