Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TEXLEM Signup - Feb. 3rd, 4th & 5th, 2012 - Let Us Know Who's Going!

Default TEXLEM Signup - Feb. 3rd, 4th & 5th, 2012 - Let Us Know Who's Going!

Hello Everyone,

REGISTRATION (ROOM/T-SHIRT) CUT-OFF DATE - MONDAY, JANUARY 23rd, 2012.... Anyone attending after this date will not be provided a t-shirt or have likely have access to a room to stay at the venue.

TEXLEM 2012 - San Antonio, TX
    February 3,4 & 5, 2012

To be held at:
    Urban 15
    2500 South Presa
    San Antonio, TX

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND!, I need to know if you will be bringing any gear, guests, your desired t-shirt size, interest in the lumia workshop, etc.
    I will reply to your PM with details on how to make payment. Payment for either members or guests needs to be made via PayPal.

We're very fortunate (and grateful) that the fine folks at Urban 15 have made their facility available to support the hosting of the first "big" LEM in Texas. A big thanks to Tim Walsh and George & Catherine from Urban 15 for making this happen! They also are advocates of the arts, and support the endeavors of artists that work in many mediums, including electronic media - AND they like lasers!!! Please visit their website to see what Urban 15 is all about - www.urban15.org.

PLEASE READ (trying to keep it simple)

This is a NON-PROFIT event. The primary goal is to generate a donation ($25 per attending member) from our group that will be made to Urban 15 for the use of their facility. Once expenses have been met, all other monies left from the event will be provided back to PL in support of the forum. Anticipated expenses include cost for shirts (attending members), the two meals planned, lanyard/badges, etc.

Attending Member Fee - $60

This fee will provide one (1) embroidered, two-color (beefy t) t-shirt, size Small through 6XL, the donation to Urban 15 mentioned above, access to the shows, demos & workshops, the two planned meals & lanyard/badge for the event. This fee will also allow for event/show participation and access to the projection area for equipment setup.

Attending Guest Fee - $20

This fee will not include a shirt, but will allow for access to the shows, demos & workshops, the two planned meals & lanyard/badge for the event. This fee is intended for guests of attending members. No equipment setup access.

For those that register & pay before the cut-off date, the t-shirts will be provided. As is the case in past LEM events, once the cut-off date has passed, no availability of shirts will be guaranteed. Additional shirts can be ordered before the cut-off date, but after that, shirt availability will be unknown. Additional shirts ordered will be $20 each for S-6XL. If you register, but later cannot attend, you'll still get the shirt (if you're in the US). Registration cut-off is MONDAY, JANUARY 23rd, 2012 - Note: registration is not refundable.

Meals, Shows, Demos and Workshops

Tim had a great idea that we should make the schedule a "single-activity" at a time, in the interest of everyone attending, so that no one would miss out on anything. We are going to stick to a schedule as closely as possible to ensure that this happens as planned. We're still working through the details on this, but here's what we are planning towards:

Friday Aternoon - Site arrival & setup. Urban 15 has a front screen, as well as an existing sound system, so no additional sound reinforcement is planned. If you would like to bring another screen or additional sound gear, let's talk. We do expect to have some scaffolding for side projectors.
    Friday Evening - Group meal; Texas Chili & fixins' at Urban 15.
    Friday Night - Open discussions, some show activity likely.

Saturday Morning - Lumia Workshop & brainstorming sessions. I'm pulling together an optional materials kit for those that want "take-homes" (~$15 kit?), the intent being that you can go home with a lumia wheel, torture tube (maybe more stuff?) if you like. Additional details to follow.
    Saturday Afternoon - Product Demos & Buy/Sell/Trade. Additional details to follow.
    Saturday Evening - Group meal; Texas BBQ at Urban 15.
    Saturday Night - Laser Shows, all types. All submissions welcome. Expect to see Tim's work, as well as some Mike Dunn shows too!.

Sunday Morning - Scanner Tuning Workshop. Tim is planning to walk us through this - not to be missed!.
    Sunday Afternoon - Buy/Sell/Trade, Awards, Door prizes & early departure for those that need to leave. Additional details to follow.
    Sunday Evening - Meeting wrap-up & San Antonio Riverwalk/Dinner (tenative plans for now)

If there is enough interest, we've discussed organizing an Alamo/Riverwalk visit on Monday. Please let me know if you would like to do this before leaving San Antonio.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND!, I need to know if you will be bringing any gear, guests, your desired t-shirt size, interest in the lumia workshop, etc.

The Fine Print....

No Minors.
    110VAC, single-phase access only (unless other arrangements are made).
    All attendees will be required to sign a liability waiver.
    No smoking in the facility.

The Urban 15 facility was originally a church - We have be asked by the owners to please respect this. No illegal stuff, no pyrotechnics, smoking inside, etc. If you plan on doing anything stupid or dangerous, please don't attend this event.

UPDATE: Due to the ongoing renovations at Urban 15, I have to know who will be staying at the event immediately - if you show up unregistered, without notice, there are no promises that you will be able to stay at the facility. Due to the work involved in prep and clean-up & at the request of the owners of Urban 15, the number of rooms available will be scaled back to meet only what we can confirm with Urban 15 BY MONDAY 1/23/12!

Same as before, six showers (with curtains)/common bathroom down the hall. These rooms have no beds, furniture, etc. We should be able to have four to a room, without it being crowded. It will likely be a little cold, as I'd expect folks in sleeping bags, on the floor, etc. Should any ladies attend, we could likely identify another of the showers in the facility as ladies only. As mentioned before, view this as "indoor camping". There are a number of hotels near the facility, for those that would prefer them. No one is being charged to stay at Urban 15, but please consider providing an additional donation to Urban 15 if you stay there. They have recently experienced several major expenses in the ongoing renovation of the facility, and anything that you can help them with would be appreciated by them. It would be nice to return to this facility in the future. All rooms are on a first-come, first-serve basis, determined by those registering/paying first and CONFIRMING NO LATER THAN MONDAY, JANUARY 23rd, 2012!

Len has pictures of the Urban 15 interior/exterior that he will post to this thread next. Parking is limited in the facility lot, but should be possible near the building as long as no driveways are blocked.

Please keep the discussion for TEXLEM to this thread going forward. That cover's it for now, more details will be forthcoming.... I will list anticipated attendees as known.

Attendee/Name * Status * Shirt * Staying at Urban 15

Bradfo69/Brad * PAID * S * Yes
    Buffo/Adam * PAID * XL * No
    Displaser/Greg * PAID * 2XL * Yes
    Hakzaw1/Len * PAID * 3XL * Yes
    ^ Guest/Jack * PAID * ? * Yes
    LaserWizard/Tim * PAID * M * No
    ^ Guest/Dan * PAID * ? * No
    ^ Guest/James * PAID * ? * No
    Mark * PAID * ? * Yes
    Opcom/Patrick * PAID * 5XL * Yes
    ^ Guest/Jacob * PAID * ? * Yes
    Platinum/Jonathan * PAID * ? * Yes
    PontiacC5/Derrick * PAID * ? * Yes
    PrismaticMagic/Chris * PAID * ? * No
    ^Guest/David * PAID * ? * No
    Robert * PAID * XL * Yes
    Rodman1369/Rodney * PAID * ? * Yes
    Sugeek/Adam * PAID * ? * Yes

Plus a host of other laser folks expected!

Proposed T-Shirt Design:

REVISED ARTWORK PENDING.... No embroidered shirts possible - we did not meet the 18 shirt minimum to allow for this. Shirts will be direct printed onto white cotton, pre-shrunk t-shirts. Unfortunately, this cannot be done on black shirts, so we will go to a white shirt instead. Maybe next year....

CHANGED! White t-shirt, black and red design. No other design were submitted, so it will be the outline of Texas with the "TEXLEM 2012" in a 4" diameter on the shirts.

Computer/Internet issues....

At the moment, we have no ILDA buffer box to work with for this event (Correction: Bradfo69 may be able to provide this), nor is there WiFi access at the Urban 15 venue. We're open to suggestions on how we set things up, but also debating how to best coordinate things, how many projectors on at a time, etc. Tim has an event planned for the same weekend, so we would encourage people bringing their gear if possible, as we may not have as much equipment onsite as originally planned.

Please try to attend if you can - It's going to be a great LEM!

Greg

Note: Artwork & shirt are changing (I am unable to delete earlier shirt shown below)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TEXLEM2.PNG  

tshirt2.PNG  

Last edited by Displaser; 01-31-2012 at 19:35.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Sign me up!

I will be flying in early and staying late, as usual. (I'll paypal the fee soon.)

Looking forward to another one for the books!

- Jonathan

GOOD JOB Greg..

I will try to add my pics tonite or Monday- I give the venue 9.9 out of 10(only due to smallish parking lot and no WiFi (yet) I give our gracious hosts George and Catherin 12 out of 10.

additional 2cents- We all need to be wearing our name tags at the venue and also if any of us see anyone we dont know please make sure they are TEXLEM or are with URBAN 15- unlikely that there will be any issues but just to be on the safe side please keep this in mind.

Please help out to keep the venue clean .....pick up after yourself and have a good time. Beer ETC is Okay but not any bad behaviour. WE want to be invited back next year.

Please keep your activities confined to the 'Sancturary'(where the shows will be.)the dorm, the dining room and kitchen- the seminar rooms and the BS&T room. There is a very nice garden courtyard in the middle. There are dozens of other small rooms that we wil not be using and we need to respect our hosts and stay out of them.

BE READY FOR FOTONS_FOOD AND FUN...

ps

Those driving in who want to help with the meals by bringing food or helping in the kitchen ---please PM me for the list of needed items and chores.
    Also PLEASE ANYONE driving and having extra room bring any addditional airbeds/cots/& bedding(like a sleeping bag) bring it for use by those flying in.

Len
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 12-20-2011 at 09:32.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I have already PM'd Len with the particulars - still need an addy to send funds though.

Buffered ILDA box - I have a 6 port one that I can bring. As I am flying, I'm keeping it rather light. I suppose in theory since I DO have flight cases, I could bring a projector and may have a change of heart but, my intent was to basically have a backpack. The ILDA box will slip into a bag easy enough. Normal 19" rack mount but not too bulky. Sign me up for everything and, I think I need to leave by perhaps 4 pm Sunday. Riverwalk may have to wait until the ILDA Conference.

I'm ready to get the hell out of dodge. Is it January yet?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ELMER LMP TIM W Xmas URBAB 15 003.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	29255...the shirt looks great to me..and i still have a special place in my heart for red lasers-- I think very few started out with any other. I keep telling myself that I need to sell some of my red heNes but..... maybe I will at TEXLEM.....maybe.

I kinda feel sorry for those who started with a 'greenie'(hate that word) and never owned any gas.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 12-13-2011 at 08:33.

Sounds like a blast! Checking the logistics,now. I hope I can make it! - Corbin
    __________CDHDC__________

The show area stayed 'hazy' long after Tim's C'mas Lasershow was over. But in the pic above you can make out how the front area is a step down from the seating area. Tim managed to use this very well in addition to the 'windows' that open up close to the ceiling behind and above the back. There a series on small rooms behind these windows with two in each room. The side walls are an off-white and these may get used for some of the Lumias.

When the lights are out the show area is quite dark, especially at first, so we suggest that everyone keep some kind of flashlight on them to make moving about easier and lower the chances of anyone tripping over anything on the floor.

I downloaded several more pics but for some reason they went away.(after taking 35 min to load!) I will try again- I am still struggling with the 'improvements' made in Win 7= I was quite happy w/ XP and Vista- and these changes may be for the good but
    I have always subscribed to 'If it aint broke dont fix (or change) it'

Name:	ELMER LMP TIM W Xmas URBAB 15 022.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	3.68 MB 
ID:	29259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ELMER LMP TIM W Xmas URBAB 15 019.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	29260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ELMER LMP TIM W Xmas URBAB 15 014.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.37 MB 
ID:	29261here (I hope are more pics from URBAN 15. Another look from the seating.
    Just a small part of the huge garden courtyard.
    One of the nicer meeting rooms-may get used for the seminars ETC.

Hak,

Try to get the interior photo of the "rooms" posted if you can.

Thanks
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Name:	ELMER LMP TIM W Xmas URBAB 15 138.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	3.70 MB 
ID:	29277Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ELMER LMP TIM W Xmas URBAB 15 038.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	29276Been working of this for several hours..
    Win 7 IMO is not user friendly.
    MS needs to change up everything to keep selling new OSs.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 12-13-2011 at 13:25.