Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A new breakout board?

I am sure I will pick one up if I need one or not, a good piece of kit to have in the box of stuff.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Is it possible to put a ground terminal on the X/Y side? Or maybe between X and Y?

I'll take two, definitely.

Any chance of the *GASP* color correction board coming back? If so, count me in for two of those, too.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    Is it possible to put a ground terminal on the X/Y side? Or maybe between X and Y?
    Not a bad idea at all. Take a look at the new layout and see if that works for you.

Any chance of the *GASP* color correction board coming back? If so, count me in for two of those, too.
    I wish I could, but there is no chance of me bringing back the color correction board. I sold the rights to stanwax. He changed the layout of the board however it should be functionally the same. I still highly recommend that these be installed in all solid state projectors, the differential front end by itself offers great benefit. Also, I don't recommend anyone trying this with lasers attached, but on the prototype, I applied 120VAC on +R and earth ground on -R and had a nice +5V on the output of the color correction board. The protection circuit is another nice feature! Anyway, the current version can be purchased from stanwax here: http://shop.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/dz-co...oard-252-p.asp

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB_V3.3.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	29623

I don't like the location of the new ground as I'm not sure how that would work out with pin headers? I'm afraid my vision of the finished product isn't all it could be. *blush*
    Is it possibly to get connectors that are fitted to the end of the wire and then can be screwed into screw terminals? So you'd fix X+X- into a small 2 pin connector, and then screw this as one piece into the screw terminal. A bit like the banana plugs that push in the back of amplifier binding posts.
    If so, then screw terminals would be fine all round. I just like the idea of being able to group my associated cables even when they aren't in the sockets.

Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I don't like the location of the new ground as I'm not sure how that would work out with pin headers? I'm afraid my vision of the finished product isn't all it could be. *blush*
    Is it possibly to get connectors that are fitted to the end of the wire and then can be screwed into screw terminals? So you'd fix X+X- into a small 2 pin connector, and then screw this as one piece into the screw terminal. A bit like the banana plugs that push in the back of amplifier binding posts.
    If so, then screw terminals would be fine all round. I just like the idea of being able to group my associated cables even when they aren't in the sockets.
    Norty, would it be better if I regrouped the GND and placed them both between X and Y? So it would be like this:

+X - -X - GND - GND - +Y - -Y - R - G - B - etc...

Will having RGB next to each other cause problems? I'm guessing it would, not sure how to resolve that.

The more grounds the better in my opinion. Some of the DPSS "all in one" power supply/drivers have only AC and Mod in. The Mod ground is the only place to get a ground reference. I usually end up with a ground for each color channel and each scanner amp at the DB25. I'm thinking if I didn't have to twist too many together in a screw terminal it would be a good thing. Whatever way it lays out I will make it work.... Way better than crimping or soldering directly to the DB25.

@ DZ, the galvo amps of my galvos have 3-wire molex connectors. Would I have to cut it and use each wire individually, using your board?

How about all ones that are logical pairs on pin headers, and all the individual ones on screw terminals?

I'm just being picky I think

Don't think you're ever going to please everyone, but there is probably a 'mostly best fit' solution
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.