Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Exporting completed laser shows to other software - PROBLEM!

Good point jeejeedr...

I've got some other suggestions for the software, so perhaps a letter to Peter is in order.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Good point jeejeedr...

I've got some other suggestions for the software, so perhaps a letter to Peter is in order.

Adam
    Let se if he want to join here and help out maybe
    If he got the time..

"If he has the time..." Yeah, that would be the crucial part. (Though I'm sure our resulting show would be much better with his help!)

RE: changes to the software... I have a theory as to how the Alphalite system is creating those mind-blowing abstracts. And if I'm correct, it would be an easy effect to add to the Mamba software. (Several people have commented that one thing the Alphalite has over Mamba is the cool abstracts it makes.)

Wonder if Peter would be interested in trying something like that...

Adam

I've just been having another look at MB and think there maybe something there.
    There is an icon in the view group that shows a floppy disc and laser, when you have a show loaded it lets you save the output in various formats, it seems to save every generated frame when you use it.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo
    I've just been having another look at MB and think there maybe something there.
    There is an icon in the view group that shows a floppy disc and laser, when you have a show loaded it lets you save the output in various formats, it seems to save every generated frame when you use it.

Jim
    That is so correct !!

I did a simple effect, (10 sec maybe) with a square..
    And save it with the Floppy icon...
    It was a 600frames ILD file with the exatcly same effect

So as long as we all use the same music track then we should be ok.
    Maybe somebody could post the mp3 for us all to use.

Jim

The MP3's are already on the FTP server. So we should all be using the same files already. (I'll PM Thomas and ask him to send you the login info.)

As for the disk icon that saves the frames... Are you talking about the "Save Frames" button that is on the left, just above where the timeline is? Or the "Save Show" button below it?

<EDIT>

Oh, I see what you're talking about now! It's right in the middle of the screen, just below the button to hide/show the frame editor... Yeah, that seems to be just the thing we're looking for!

I'd really like to do some testing with Fred on this... If we can prove that this feature will save the whole show EXACTLY AS RENDERED TO THE DAC, then anyone else ought to be able to use the show in their software.

Adam

quote from Peter

I just looked at the thread you referenced, and the option "Save output to file" is more or less what they want (it does basicly the same as the proposed "dummy Mamba driver" does). When I answered your question I thought you meant to really export the "show" information (information on scenes, rotation, movements, etc.) But what they want is a sort of recording of the show's output, that's what "Save output to file" does (the button in the bottom left corner of the button group labelled "View").

The release shows is for sharing with other Mambas (not cross platform), it creates (optionally) a single frame file (in case you used frames from many framelists), and removes all (Windows) path information (otherwise you'll have problems if the folders on the other computer have different names, or are on a different drive).

Greetings
    Peter

Liteglow;

Do you have Peter's e-mail address, or are you conversing with him on another forum?

If you've got his address, would you send it to me in a PM? I'd like to ask him a few questions.

Adam

Adam, Peters email address is *************

Jim