Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Gobo

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Wedding Gobo

Hi All!

Happy New Year and all that.... Wondering if anyone has an old frame or cue, similar to a gobo for a wedding where you put the bride and grooms name and perhaps the date on the wall. Ideally in a format for LD2000/Showtime/Livepro. If it actually moved or changed color or rotated or something, that would be a plus . I don't care about the names or the date. This is just to show an example to people of what is posssible to do with a laser at an event like that. I'd like to show it this upcoming Wednesday evening.

I could do plain text but, of course, in a perfect world, I'd have found the time to learn to be more artistic with the software and do it myself by now but, Lord knows it's not a perfect world! Be nice if it had some sort of curly ornate border and, I haven't gotten to that point yet.

Thanks!

I may have figured something out. Spent some time with the Pangolin LD2000 tutorial DVD. (Of course, if you HAVE something nice... could still use it!)

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

ROFL love the couple Richard.

Bit of the devil in your New Year!

ROFLOL God, I love this place. Funny, funny shit....
    I needed that!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    .... love the couple .....
    I merely activated my online name generator and it came out with those (out of all the names in the World).
    Must be fate ..........

Hahahaha, you evil genious.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Well... the event went well and the example of a beam show played fine. That was using a canned show in Moncha 2.1. I never ended up projecting a mock gobo on the wall as the example that started this original thread since it would have competed with a friend of mine who is a DJ and sells a regular halogen gobo projection to his clients.

My plan to demonstrate a graphics show was thwarted by LD2000 however. I set everything up in the morning. Adjusted my projection zones, make sure my beam blocks were in place, tweaked it perfectly with my UGC and even tested the show, playing it three or four times throughout the day. Then, right at the point when I went over to get ready to play it (Recipe for Love) for the guests in attendence, the QM barfed, with some sort of error that I couldn't get out of. I couldn't even exit out of Showtime without turning off the laptop. Fortunately, everything was cue'd for the beam show on another laptop, so I ditched the idea of displaying the graphic show. I was able to still get the laptop rebooted and guessed at the projection zone settings and was able to have the graphics show playing as the people were leaving. Just a bit frustrating to be a victim of technology! (Never even saw this error message before!)

This event is a wedding tasting event that I host for all the brides and grooms (and their friends & family) who have booked their weddings with us to have an opportunity to sample our food and, I also invite various vendors that we commonly deal with to attend and make it into their own private bridal show. So, I have a photographer, DJ, photobooth, limo company, tux rental place, travel company, our bakery & florist, a dance instructor and others there to show off what they do and help make it into a fun night out. Some really were excited at the laser prospect so hopefully...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    ...and guessed at the projection zone settings..
    Always remember to pillage before you burn... ...SAVE your zone-file - not as the 'default', but, show / demo-specific - as SOON as you're done / got it perfected...then, if your PC takes a dump, you can simply load that-up, next time you open ST, and you'd be back where you left-off.. 'Course, your 'hard-dial' UGC will make quick, 'PC-proof' work of it, too, providing-that you started from the 'default' .ldz...

Just curious - Why would Quick-Text / a multi-track show not be desirable for this? Should be the simplest / quickest of-all approaches...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Some really were excited at the laser prospect so hopefully...
    Wait till 'word of mouth' takes-hold in the area...

ttys (?)...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post

loooooooooooooool
    Fate is funny