Thread: X-Laser MobileBeat RGB

Default X-Laser MobileBeat RGB

I just bought my first FDA approved lasers and got them in the mail today: 2x MobileBeat RGB's from X-Laser.

Unfortunately, both units seem to have the same problem as user "patd" with the green laser misalignment. I'll be giving x-laser a call tomorrow to sort this out.

I'll withhold any proper review till I get a return processed, but I must say this is a bit disappointing.

Todd

Todd-

We have been having to apologize for this too much lately... We switched from UPS to Fedex with the promise of better package handling and what we are seeing is frankly just massive problems in small package handling. We literally had a customer this week call with a similar complaint but for him he saw the delivery man drop a 40 pound road case off the truck onto the curb. In the final analysis, the laser was dropped so hard that shattered one of the galvo mirrors. In a separate incident, a demo was being returned to us and OUR OWN DRIVER rolled the package end over end from the truck all the way though our front door and up to the shipping counter. The US rules about users performing not performing their own alignments make it that much harder to deal with and we just hold our breath every time an RGB system goes out the door. We even invented the $30 shipping box to counteract the issue about a year ago with limited success.

We will take care of it for you and hold our breath again. At least you didn't have shattered mirrors. =) Small consolation right?

Dan-

I would try purchasing G shock sensors. I purchased about 10 of them from ULINE I believe and pack these when I ship systems now. the box is labeled to let the shipper know that the sensor is packed or even visible on the box. I havent had so much as a bent corner of a box since i started using these. They are pretty hard to argue with if they are broken. Broken sensor means mishandled. Period.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

We actually did this and then were requested not to lest a "disgruntled employee" see it and know that it would hurt the company to break it. Then we were going to put them on the inside and the answer was - 'well that could have happened anywhere'. In fairness that was before we switched to Fedex. I think the new plan is for us to bite the bullet and go back to the $30 box for RGB systems and then ship a few systems with a data logging accelerometer to see what we are dealing with objectively. Its enough to really make you want to just skid a single box.

I should add that Fedex has been good about paying damage claims and issuing refunds for RMA shipments. They have been much more forthright that UPS ever was but that still does not necessarily make a customer happy.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

You'll be happier now. Tour a older "oops" facility and see the massive drop into the sorting bin. UPS is self insurred, and seems to ignore the "Warsaw Convention"

I don't know about recently, but in the past I have had good luck with Postal and Fed-Ex. Postal Service used to do "FRAGILE special handling requested" as well. %Really% good stuff should go "Air Ride Electronics", but that has become freightfully expensive. (pun intended)

Warsaw is a good read, it has helped my medical friend recover system costs when whole medical systems get crushed.
    There is a domestic US law very similar to the Warsaw Convention that works well on large damage claims.
    I'll see if I can find it.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 01-13-2012 at 12:02.

Quick update: Dan and the X-Laser crew have been very helpful and both of my units are now on their way back to X-Laser. Will update with more information later.