Thread: Who uses Pangolin laser controllers here ?

Default Who uses Pangolin laser controllers here ?

Hi Folks,

Sorry, I've been going through hell and finally had to have my dog put down so I've been out of touch.

How many of us working on the lasershow projects have Pangolin lasershow controllers ?

It sounds like a compatibility problem with non Pangolin users will throw a wrench in the gears so we might be seperated into 2 camps. Pangolin and Mamba users.

Please advise.

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

We worked out that the mamba users can export the show as an ild file.
    It converts it as seperate frames.

Jim (Mamba)

Hey Rick, Sorry to hear about your dog.. :cry: I know how hard that can be...

It appears that Mamba users can output a complete ilda file..Not sure about the timing on different systems yet, but we will see. The projects seem to be stalled just now. Im sure everyone is just getting over summer..( I know i am)

Im just waiting for my RED laser to get back from Chuck, I expect it ANY day now! Then i will start to work on the two solo sections of the piece!

Has everyone chosen a section ?
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

I'm pretty new to it so am willing to try part of the beam show.
    Due to being late in I will take something that nobody else wants.

There shouldn't be any timing problems with mambas output because it creates the total number of frames to cover the time period.

Jim

Right now, I'm in no mood to work on anything after having to put my dog to sleep. So sad :cry:
    This is my 3rd dog and it doesn't get any easier deciding on a what amounts to a act of love (mercy killing). I know I did the right thing .

I've already chosen my section of the graphics show but can't say when I'll get back at it . I need to shake off my blues first.

TTYL
    Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Sorry to hear that Rick... :cry: 3 in a row has got to be hard to take.

We're pretty sure we've figured out why some of the early experiments with Mamba Black didn't work out (frame rate too high), and we've gotten confirmation from the software support folks that Mamba *will* export ilda frames AS RENDERED to the DAC, so we will be able to share portions of the show no matter which software was used.

However, I agree with you in that I'm not ready to get started yet. For one thing, I'm still using the Alphalite software, which is completely innapropriate for this project. I need to upgrade to Mamba Black as soon as possible. Also, I'm still trying to get caught up, both at work and at home... (Sigh - there's never enough time.)

Adam