Thread: Laseworld 400 RGY improvement ??

Default Laseworld 400 RGY improvement ??

Hello there, I am real novice but have studied a little around my LaserWorld 400 RGY and I found out that there are inside two red modules 150 mW and one 100 mW green. I would like improve power of my laser. I found that in common DVD is red diode 250mW. So my question is if it is possible remove two diodes 250 mW from DVD and solder on (instead presented diodes) my LW and this procedure do it with green simply remove 100 mW and put there e.g. 200 mW. With this operation I would got almost double power. Can I do it this way please ?

Thank you

Getting a diode from a DVD and putting it in your laser is a little harder then you think. The diode are pressed into holders for heat dissipation and also to hold the lens setup. You would also need to add a power driver to the diode. If you want fast and easy upgrades check out some of the lower priced CNI lasers. Such as ebay item # 380404133368

Can you open your projector and takes pics for us please. It would help in selecting a laser(s) that might fit.

Do you feel your LaserWorld(tm) product is safe? Are you sure you want to double the power? When you turn it on, do you get a beam out the front, say before the scanners,motors,chickens or what ever is in it start to "drive" the beam around.
    Last edited by Picasso; 01-21-2012 at 16:07. Reason: because I can

Thank you for quick reply. Green module looks like CNI laser from ebay but two reds looks like
    diode inside holder that is why I supposed that upgrade will be easy as a bulb swap.

Laser works fine but I saw 400 mW green only a this is real cool beam. My 400 rgy is weaker.

Here are photos from inside.

ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	laser2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	29930
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laser.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	29929

Do you know what wavelengths the red are as posting that may help someone to help you in selection of wavelength and power?

Also, I think you missed the other question above, does the projector stick out any beams when 1st turned on or does it ever project a static narrow beam?

I have one of those units knocking about somewhere (though not LW branded). If it is identical to mine (it looks like it) it contains a scanfail as standard so no static beams.

Those reds are 650nm, by changing them to 660nm DVD diodes you probably won't gain any brightness even with the increased power.
    Last edited by Doc; 01-22-2012 at 10:58.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Doc has right no static beam out the front. Unfortunately I don’t know wavelength and power where should I found it out ?
    I checked manual and there was only: optical power ca. 350 – 420mW / 532 nm but nothing about power

hello i have similar unit (lw 400 rgy) and the red diode used there is 650nm but i only have one