Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser Stands - What does everybody use?

I normally use these....

... If Im using my BIG laser then I use this...
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

I recently purchased this:
    http://www.bax-shop.nl/wind-up-stati...t-details.html

wind up so you don't have to lift your heavy weight laser yourself, included a large enough t-barr to support 2 projectors.
    It is capable of holding a lot of weight, personally tested if it could support mine ;-)
    When folded up you can put it in the back of your car with one seat down.
    Possible add-on a second one with truss adapters and i prefer truss if it is availlable but to be self supporting i did buy one of these.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	projector.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	29938

Michel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

I sometimes use this stand as it will hold a 50lb speaker easily. One leg is adjustable for length for inclines, steps, etc. I use a standard adjustable projector mount normally used on heavy home theater units like Runco (mounts to bottom breadboard easily). This way I can hang from trussing or the attachment pole can slip over the top of the speaker stand and be locked into place. The projector mount is also a great unit for me since it allows roll, pitch and yaw angle adjusting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustable hydo stand.gif 
Views:	219 
Size:	43 Bytes 
ID:	29942

http://http://www.pssl.com/Ultimate-...r-Stand-WLevel
    Mario

www.r3dj.com

1.5W RGB unit from Marc at CT Lasers!
    400mW RGBv mod based on Chinese unit

The best bang for buck stand I know of (and use!) is the American DJ ST132 which is a Global Truss OEM I believe. Thomann do them for ~£130 each and hold 85kg up to 4m high. One adjustable leg and I think they're the same ones linked in the bax store a couple of posts up.
    They are either a rebrand or copy of the Standtek SPTek4000 which retails for much more. Looks like Thomann also do the same stand under a different brand name for about £110 too.
    At 25kg each they are a bit on the heavy side.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Anybody know if 4 legs are still *technically* required in the US? That *was* the case not too long ago, but I could see the rule changing for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    now you planted a bug in my head, that one looks really good, i'm considering to get it instead of my cheapo light-stand

Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I definitely support the ST132 choice. They're cheap, and you can get adapters to attach 30cm square truss for a total weight of about 100kg (200lbs) worth of load.

I've used the on numerous occasions including bigger setups, and they're pretty solid, good bang for the buck.

Also, I believe Global has a version on the market right now which has TÜV certification.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Anybody know if 4 legs are still *technically* required in the US? That *was* the case not too long ago, but I could see the rule changing for whatever reason.
    Never heard that before.... Where is this mentioned?
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    The best bang for buck stand I know of (and use!) is the American DJ ST132
    I always thought American DJ stuff was a little on the cheap side quality wise. I know many of you had said you don't like their light quality. Are their stands different then?

BTW I really like the Powerdrive and some of the truss suggestions, but I fear they are beyond my budget for home use.

I already have a truss I bought off ebay a while ago, and its perfectly usable if a slightly damaged on one twist lock (although there's a locking pin as well for safety.) Only thing is whilst I was happy sticking the LW up there, I'm not so happy putting a 5K projector on a cheap truss. It's also way to wide for my use and more suited to a stage or DJ set up in a club.

I might give it away or accept offers on here if anyone wants it for general light fittings as I can't see myself using it.

Anyway, keep the suggestions / feedback coming, this is great resource for anyone looking for a stand.