Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser Stands - What does everybody use?

Default Laser Stands - What does everybody use?

Just wondering what stands everybody uses for their lasers and what bracket solutions they've come to.

Please feel free to post links and pics as they will help in my future selection.

Thanks.

Hi Al

You've seen mine, a Powerdrive wind up stand capable of reaching 3.2 meters (or was it 3.5 meter's? ). These are built like brick sh*thouses and are mega stable. I believe Dan Briggs also has one. No point in having an expensive projector and putting it on a cheap stand IMO. Only thing is that they're a bit on the heavy side, or that could just be me getting older
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Ive never rigged just a single laser on a stand. I usually und up with truss on heavy duty lifts
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Just wondering what stands everybody uses for their lasers
    A long stand.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

We prefer mounting on truss as opposed to stands anyday..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

This is what I'd recommend for a single laser. It has a good weight rating and would be relatively stable. (L16 crank stand)

- Jonathan

So far I have found speaker stands to be excellent. However not the cheap and nasty light weight type. I like the versatility and the fact you can quickly re align them as in PAN left and right.
    I did go to a lot of trouble o ensure that the CofG was exactly over the stand down pipe. This avoids the laser from trying to tip over one way or the other. There is also no side load on the centre bracket.
    It is also good for being mobile.
    After some eperience at this I designed a plate with the centre stand bracket at the CofG point then I hinged another plate on top of that with hinges at the end. This allows me to fine tune the top plate on which the laser site so I can tweak it up to suit. This has proven to be great. I also screwed an edge strip all t.he way around so the projector can't slide. Short of one of our famous earthquakes it goes nowhere.
    So I say a suitable stand with bracket works well and is very quick to set up.
    Cheers
    Ray
    NZ

bloody expensive... you get what you pay for? http://www.surreysoundandlight.co.uk...s/index2.shtml

don't know, haven't reached the point that rigging is a concern yet (and i don't see it happening anytime soon)
    "its called character briggs..."

I have used several methods in the short time I have been gigging.

Firstly, in a regular venue I mounted an arm to the wall @ 3.2 meters. Secure and safe, and always there.

Secondly I have tried using a rope/pulley over a factory girder and tied off to stabalize. Not happy with this method.

The last show I did last week I stacked road cases behind the performers which worked well. I would not do this in an area exposed to drunkards or any public for that matter.

I really don't want to get to the point I need to use lighting winchups and a van... As it is I can fit 3 projectors and 3 boxes of cables in my 300C sedan with the back seats folded down.
    This space for rent.

3m square truss stood vertical with a base plate. You can even wrap it in lycra and up light the stand looks good.

Or hang it on some truss.

I really hate those tripod stands the legs are always in the way. Done a lot of outdoor stuff and there is no way i would trust one of those stands out in the wind.