Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Lasers?

Default Got Lasers?

Testing out some Lasever units. Will let you know how they work out. So far pretty good.

David

I've seen these on ebay. They look like they would be good. I'd be interested in hearing how they work out for you.

I think it's odd that they sell these models on ebay, but there's no mention of them on their website.

I notice you got 3 lasers, but only 2 colours ?

I have myself a 180mW green ! and it`s working OK so far

But my blue 200mW from LasEver is not thaaaaaat good as I hoped it to be..

All 3 of these units are actually listed on thier website. The green and blue are easy to find, the red was not so easy. Its there though.

It may appear that there are only 2 colors in the photo, however the photo was a bit washed out. Its full color. I'll probably have better photos later. Sorry to hear the 200mW was not that great. I do have a bit of an issue with this blue, however it is minor and I will probably have it worked out soon. The beam quality is pretty good and the blanking is fantastic. I still have alot to test with these units and will let you know how it goes.

David

How much did you get them for dave? How long did it take to get?
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

David;

Judging by the picture, the red looks to be 635 nm, not 650 or higher... Is that just an artifact of the camera, or did you spring for the shorter wavelength red?

Re: Blanking... What sort of speeds are you seeing? If I remember correctly, they were claiming 20KHz plus for analog. Does your testing bear that number out? Just curious... 8)

Adam

Yes the red is 635nm, at least on eBay.
    How about the divergeance and beam diameter of the red? It is specified 4mm and 2mrad divergeance on Ebay... Is it good to mix with the others?

The blue beam is OK on my... tight and nice..

But when I draw a line in Mamba, it`s some sort of flickering in the beginning..
    Like it`s calibrating itself...

Maybe it`s just a minor of not been warmed up ?
    I have never tryed my laser on for such a long time... so maybe it`s normal during warmup time :roll: :roll:

How much did you get them for dave? How long did it take to get?
    It was around 2500 for the three. And I must say that I was quite impressed with the speed of shipping. I purchased the green seperate from the red and blue. The green took about 7 days to get here and the others took only 5 days!

Judging by the picture, the red looks to be 635 nm, not 650 or higher... Is that just an artifact of the camera, or did you spring for the shorter wavelength red?

Re: Blanking... What sort of speeds are you seeing? If I remember correctly, they were claiming 20KHz plus for analog. Does your testing bear that number out? Just curious...
    Thats right, its 635nm, 200mW. I plan on displaying an image with this and my 655nm 200mW laser later today for comparison. Regarding blanking, with the green and blue, so far I have no problem, both seem to display raster images scanning at 60Kpps without any problem, though I am still testing these. The red actually seems to be a bit slower on ramping up than the other two, surprisingly. It may have been just a pallete issue, which is why I just need more time testing these before I say for sure.

How about the divergeance and beam diameter of the red? It is specified 4mm and 2mrad divergeance on Ebay... Is it good to mix with the others?
    Not sure just yet on these. I can say that these lasever units are very easy to focus. When I first powered on the red with a throw of about 15 feet, the dot looked more like a small bar about 10mm long. I was able to adjust the focus all the way back to a dot of about 4mm, still working with it though.... As far as mix, I will have some more photos later and will let you be the judge of that!

David

I have the lasever blue in my RGB projector http://photonlexicon.com/forums/view...7375ef2a561f01

It seems to be great at 35k. I also had to focus the beam when i got it. I also added the heat sinks, thats why it looks like a porcupine.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"