Thread: ILDA Saftey Board 120VAC Power Questions Stanwax

Default ILDA Saftey Board 120VAC Power Questions Stanwax

I have decided to take the advise of many and replace my Phenix Technology board with a Stanwax ILDA Board. I am a little worried with the load on the 24v 1A Power Supply may be pushing it.
    Currently it has the Scanners, Scanner Amps, a 12v Fan that is .16A, and I'm planning to run the Stanwax from a 15v output from one of the Scanner Amp Boards

Is this something I should worry about or does it seem to be OK? Can anyone recommend a better Power Supply for this?

Below I have pics of my Scanners, the Phenix board, and the Stanwax board.

Thanks
    -eighty8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails meir.jpg  

ilda-interface-board-ilda-breakout-board-55-p.jpg  

$(KGrHqZ,!lwE65jmZmO(BOwMnwMEQw~~60_3.JPG  

Last edited by eighty8; 01-29-2012 at 21:17.
    Thanks
    -Eighty8
    -----------------------------------------------
    Projectors:
    1x 500mW RGV TTL - Work in progress (red 650nm@200mW/green 532nm 100mW/violet 405nm@200mW)
    3x 1W RGB Analog - Work in progress (red 650nm@500mW/green 532nm@200mW/blue 445nm @300mW)

Controllers:
    Phoenix Live 3
    QS 2.0/FB3-XE
    -----------------------------------------------

Hi, i also run the stanwax board power from one of the DT drivers, only drawback is that the power supply for the scanners/ilda board stays on when the kill-switch is pressed to shut of the laser diode power supplies so in case of a galvo issue the power stays on but at least the lasers shut off.

Michel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set