Thread: My Projector ( Finally)

Default My Projector ( Finally)

Well Guys, here are some pics for your viewing pleasure, Sorry about the bad camera.. They will get better in time!.. Enjoy!

http://photonlexicon.com/gallery/laser-ad
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Well done
    I may use the 2 levels idea to do mine, but I would put the optic bed at the bottom and the psu/drivers on the platforms as I think that having the optics on the platforms will cause alignment problems when you move it about.
    Is that a spare platform to upgrade with a Blue?

Jim

YEP! Thats for the Blue when the money comes!. I reason for the Optics and lasers on the platforms is an alignment one. You need to be able to move the lasers up and down because of the different laser output heights. I made this for Now as well as Future, and who knows what laser i will add in. The alignment has not been a problem after everythig was tweaked.. And the colors look pretty cool...

I hope to have the show this friday taped with a very good camera, so i willpost the outcome of that... Maybe a small divx file or something...

Glad ya like!
    www.laser-ad.com

yeh, make sure you tape it for us.
    I haven't actually measured the height of the beams on my 3 seperate lasers, I may have to do it the way that you've done it.
    I've just bought a new pillar drill for my workshop so that I will be more able to drill my optic table more precisely.
    Hopefully by the end of the week I should have something to show too.

Jim

Hey Carey;

Pics look great! (glad to see you've got your album set up.) If you want to upload a video file, be warned that the PL gallery software will bomb out if you try to upload much more than 6 megs. If you end up with a large video file you might just want to upload it to the FTP server instead. Just a thought...

Jimbo - Re: multi-levels in a projector... You might want to have a look at Fred's projector (Aka Astroguy). He also mounted his lasers above the PSU's as well, and it worked quite well for him.

Adam

Well, the show is over and was a big hit! They liked the preview in the afternoon soo much that they asked it be played before AND after the conference!! Exciting stuff.. As soon as i can edit some video i will upload it. I will try Flash video to keep the file size down!
    www.laser-ad.com

What are the specs on your system, power outputs, lasers, scanners, s/w??

Cheers