Thread: Mamba Black morph!

Default Mamba Black morph!

How do you use the morph feature in mamba black?
    There is a icon that says morph all frames from start to end!
    Also up in the top section of the page there is a box that has layers 1 to 5 with green buttons at the side and also some grey balloons... what are they for and how do I use them?
    Cheers

Yes, I would like to know myself. Mamba Black has very poor documentation.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Has anyone actually tried to use this feature? I'm curious as well.

I've been playing around with the demo version of Mamba, and based on that experience I've decided that it will be my next purchase... But in the mean time I'm still trying to learn more about it.

Adam

I think im in the same boat here .......

I have still not worked out how to use this morph thingy

I guess if you have a frame of a square and a fame of a triangle you should be able to get a smooth transition from one to another .....

if anyone works it out plaese let us know

all the best .... Karl

As far as I've been able to figure it out, you need to draw your frames in the frame editor, select the frames you wish to morph with the shift or ctrl key, drag and drop them into the scene you wish to put them (they will be pasted as a single scene), select the morph option and hit the play button.

The morph start to end frame option will morph the starting frame to the end frame, regardless of how many different frames you have in between.

The morph all frames option will morph all frames in steps, that is, it will morph frame 1 into frame 2, then frame 2 into frame 3, and so on.

So far, that's all I've got. Let's put our collective heads into this and see if there are more options, shall we?
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

It would be nice if we could get a manual that actually tells you how to use the software you paid for.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

I've just sent Peter at Medialas an email asking for more info.
    You're right at 600€ you expect a decent manual.
    Jim

I got a reply from Peter he said :-
    Hi,

to use the morph feature you need a scene with at least two frames, then you can change the scene kind to "morph start to end" or "morph all frames" (see manual page 5 on how to add multiple frames to a scene, and page 6 on how to change the kind of scene). For example, draw two frames (a square and a circle), then select both and drag them to the scene, then click on either of the two buttons and press start. if you have more than 2 frames "Morph start to end" will ignore the frames between first and last (in case the frames you want to morph are not consecutive), "morph all frames" will morph through all frames in the frame sequence.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to send me an email.

Best regards,

Peter Mayer
    It does work too and is simplicity itself, I thought I'd already tried that but I obviousy hadn't.

Jim

What can I say
    Peter is the best !!!

The morphing function is dependant on the "Frames" section sliders (bottom left of screen). Once the morphing tab is selected you then need to let it know what you want morphing, for this you set the start frame(on the "Start" slider) and then set the end frame (on "End" slider). This will then morph your frames.
    Depending on which Morph tab you selected you can choose:
    Morph Start to End Frame or
    Morph Through all frames between the selected Start frame and End Frame

Hope this helps or is a bit clearer, I do find Mamba can have it's quirks and the manual isn't the best :?