Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: PureMicro lasershow :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    @ sbk,

I agree shows below mpe are useless, most shows in europe are above mpe, BUT there is big difference by exceeding the mpe by a bit (lets say 1w, 1,5mrad at 20 meters) or exceeding the mpe by allot ( lets say 1200mw 1mrad at 10 meters)
    Of course, that's what the 10x MPE is all about But at a certain level above MPE, the laser beams are becoming not confortable at all, and people often close their eyes or look somewhere else, so visually speaking, there's no point going much higher, added to the fact that may present an hazard for eyes...

@Joost :

For the lenses, I had to build my own lens mounts for all my projectors (as I built the cases as well), but for your Kvant lasers, they offer nice adjustable mounts!
    I believe it's the only way to make safe and *bright* audience scanning at short distance...

And do you have Mccarrot's Excel document to calculate the irradiance? It's a very great tool to begin with.

But once you have calculated the right BAM you have to ensure the lasers are well linear, and make software adjustments to really have 50% of output power at 50% BAM attenuation. Time consuming but not very tricky if you have the right tools

And by the way, shouldn't we discuss about these things in a new thread?? This is a bit silly as later, nobody will find these interesting discussions when searching stuffs about security!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    And by the way, shouldn't we discuss about these things in a new thread?? This is a bit silly as later, nobody will find these interesting discussions when searching stuffs about security!

YES THREAD CLOSED

where can i download the excel sheet for calculations, i want to put some list on my site for my clients....
    here in holland the most use to much power is a small room, even ttl high power lasers so no dimming at all.
    I hope a nice and easy to read list will help a lot of people makes shows more safe!
    thanks you

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hi Maurice -

Is this info - http://www.photonlexicon.com/wiki/in...he_Netherlands - current / correct? Please let me know, if-not, please supply current info... bedankt!

..carry-on..
    j
    Yes thats correct, you can also add this document: http://www.rivm.nl/bibliotheek/rapporten/610059006.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by RGB LASER VERKOOP View Post
    YES THREAD CLOSED

where can i download the excel sheet for calculations, i want to put some list on my site for my clients....
    here in holland the most use to much power is a small room, even ttl high power lasers so no dimming at all.
    I hope a nice and easy to read list will help a lot of people makes shows more safe!
    thanks you
    Joost, i will NOT share my xls docoment with you so you can share it with your customers. The reason why i will tell you at the LEM. It's nothing personal, its just we have to be carfull with this information what we are doing in europe.

Meanwhile you can use this link : http://mpe.laserextreme.nl/