Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rasha

Default Rasha

Rasha, model RD-F015. 500mW RGB.

My first laser - didn't really have any money, so I purchased the cheapest laser that I could find.

More pictures / info / comments:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ighlight=rasha

The laser was lightweight and a bit flimsy, but it seemed to work, StL & DMX were both fine.

The green was a bit misaligned, but I fixed that after about an hour of fiddling - it wasn't easy, but I had expected it to be a bit rough for the price. (About US$412 incl postage to NZ)

On or around the 17th of Jan, I finally purchased FB3/QS.

I took it home, plugged it in, and nothing. No response at all, not even a jiggle. I tested the software on another machine to which I have access and it worked fine.

I sent a message to Sophia, asking if there was something I was doing wrong. I got a reply back the next day stating that they were all on holiday and that I'd have to wait to get any response to my question "maybe next month".

After a bit of back and forth (during which I was told that I should have tested it as soon as I got it so they could have helped me straight away), I decided I was wasting my time and that it'd be easier to just wait.

So I emailed her again on the 2nd of Feb. She suggested that it might be a fuse and, if not, then could I send them some pictures to show what the problem was.

It didn't take me long to figure out the problem - as soon as I opened it I saw this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120202_171305.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	30449

I sent this picture to her, expecting an immediate apology and steps to be taken to remedy the situation. (Hoping for a replacement or refund that I could put toward my next laser).

We went back and forward for about 5 days (I'm still not sure if she's being deliberately obtuse or not - my Chinese co-worker thinks she is) to try and get her to understand what the problem is - eventually resorting to Google translate (checked by my friend). Anyway - she finally grasped the problem and has offered to send me the missing cable. (And is asking me to pay for the shipping!?)

Writing this all out it's actually only been about 8 days, but it feels like a month, as it seems to take her at least a day and a half to answer any email I send her.

I've also asked her to give me instructions for how to install the cable as I expect it's not just plug and play... (There's also the switch - I'm guessing that'll need soldering.)

And that's where I am now. More details as they come to hand.

TL;DR:

Poor quality, messy build. Lasers need realignment twice already after only a couple of months.

Communication difficult (especially when trying to get problems sorted)

Laser was missing important part (Internal ILDA connectors).

Dichros are not awesome - I lose about 50% of the green to reflection. (And it's still too much compared to the red and blue.)
    Last edited by vIQleS; 02-16-2012 at 11:37.

What did you expect, really?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Well - to be honest I expected it to at least work. I'm prepared to accept a certain degree of shoddy workmanship and cheap parts, and even slow / reluctant customer service. But - if it says that it does ILDA on the box, then I'd think that it would do ILDA.

Also - it's just so half-assed... it looks like a 3 year old threw it together. You'd think if they do this sort of thing on a regular basis, they'd be a little better at it... I showed it to pitts and he just about had a coronary.

Are you sure these ilad cables have a place to go ?
    In other words, does the hardware even have the inputs to accommodate ilda input?

BTW did you tighten the connector in the left upper corner ?

Umm no. Now that you mention it.

I was assuming that it's all there but they just forgot to connect it. Wouldn't it go on those three boards (which I assume are the laser control)? there's places to plug something in.

And yes - Pitts spotted that. It's seated now. :-D

Wow. Just wow.

This needs a picture.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rasha ILDA.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	30541

Dear Nathan,
    Seems your laser dont' have ILDA port.
    If you must need ILDA function,it need change one board,seems like attached picture.
    This cost USD96,and we also need to send you by express.
    Would you mind paying this BOARD PAYMENT?
    Because you didn't mention the ILDA function before you ordering.
    We pay shipping cost for you.how about?

My reply:

What are the laws in china about false advertising?

Who do I talk to about taking legal action?

Should I call the police and see if they know? Can you tell me the phone number for the police in your city?

http://www.ecvv.com/product/3236109.html

ETA - Just to make sure she understands:

I want to be clear:

You will send me the parts I need completely FREE OF CHARGE.

This unit was advertised with ILDA.

I do not have what I ordered and paid for.

You will send express (fastest possible). You will pay for it.
    Last edited by vIQleS; 02-16-2012 at 11:02.

To be fair, what does "ILDA (12 channels)" actually mean. At that point I would think they could answer its a nonsense spec and doesn't really mean anything.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I read that as "DMX, ILDA. (12 channels)"

Obviously the 12 channels refers to the DMX...