Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USA-UKLEM

Hi Brad, outstanding idea!! I'd be in.

Check out www.gumtree.com it's a very handy resource for planning trips to the UK.

Its a buy,sell,jobs,accommodation ect site. Good for getting an idea of some of the current prices of various logistics.

Cheers
    Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    Between Dan/Andy T, Rob, Nige and myself we have four scopes... Phhhwwoooaaaarrrrr !!!!!!

Mark
    We're going to need more phases!

Just to add to the Australian presence

And depending on date I'd be up for it as well

Troy
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Quote Originally Posted by Yag View Post
    We're going to need more phases!
    LOL, yeah, we can only run 3x single phase Scopes at any one time and even then the poor neutral conductor will be shitting bricks

Al, you have got to take this into consideration too mate at your proposed venue! Does your venue have easy access to a 3 phase & Neutral electrical supply and is this supply within easy reach (25-30 meters MAX) of being able to be distributed outdoors where there is very little population, a very clear open space with CAA approved open skies?
    You can't just point 3x 40W laserscopes anywhere upwards.

Not wishing to sound harsh mate but your flighty ideas don't normally hold too much merit when it comes to common sense.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    ...Not wishing to sound harsh mate but your flighty ideas don't normally hold too much merit when it comes to common sense....
    That'll be the Smack Crack Special K doobies he partakes of ............

Goddamn Hippies !!

Jim as you know, I do mostly domestic works, surely if the phases are balanced there should be no problem for the neutral, so what we have to do is get another 2 scopes, 2 per phase.
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

Smile

Brad, this sounds like a great idea. I think I could convince Marie that this would be more than just another LEM. If I sell it as a vacation instead of a laser geek convention, she might go for it. Also, it's been 25 years since either one of us has been to the UK, so it is definitely time to make the trip. Cost is going to be an issue though. Might be better to plan futher into the future to allow folks to start saving now.

One other thing to keep in mind: Neutrino was talking about a Caribbean LEM at the resort that he manages. I don't know what air fare to Utila would run, but his estimate of $600 for a full week of room, board, and all the scuba diving you can stand sounds pretty darned reasonable to me. Even if the airfare is $1000, that still makes the entire vacation quite reasonable. I think he was shooting for early 2013 as a possible date. I'd hate to have "competing" LEM's in the same year that are both centered around an expensive vacation... It would be very hard to choose between the two.

Adam

Just as a guide, the first UKLEM in 2013 will be around March April time - the second in the year, around August September.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    LOL, yeah, we can only run 3x single phase Scopes at any one time and even then the poor neutral conductor will be shitting bricks

Al, you have got to take this into consideration too mate at your proposed venue! Does your venue have easy access to a 3 phase & Neutral electrical supply and is this supply within easy reach (25-30 meters MAX) of being able to be distributed outdoors where there is very little population, a very clear open space with CAA approved open skies?
    You can't just point 3x 40W laserscopes anywhere upwards.

Not wishing to sound harsh mate but your flighty ideas don't normally hold too much merit when it comes to common sense.
    No native 3 phase. I don't know off the top much about the electric supply there, other than there are plenty of plugs in the hall.

Like I said it was just a suggestion to ring the changes if people wanted to schedule the US-UK Lem between the usual meets. Wasn't an attempt to replace Surfleet.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Like I said it was just a suggestion to ring the changes if people wanted to schedule the US-UK Lem between the usual meets. Wasn't an attempt to replace Surfleet.
    Al, I think the point is, is that the US guys want to sample the UKlem as it is, not to make a new meet.

I may be wrong>>>
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts