Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: USA-UKLEM

I agree, this sounds really fun. I've never been to Britain (Heathrow connection doesn't count). If i'm going to fly to the east coast with my baby i might was well cross the atlantic too.

What time of year do you think this would happen?

Mike

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by blowfly View Post
    I agree, this sounds really fun. I've never been to Britain (Heathrow connection doesn't count). If i'm going to fly to the east coast with my baby i might was well cross the atlantic too.

What time of year do you think this would happen?

Mike
    I've been targeting Spring of 2014. I think for most people who would be serious about going, about a years notice is warranted. If I have a fairly good itinerary worked out and preliminary pricing by SELEM, we should be able to make it "official" this fall. I'm not opposed to fall of 2013 but, if CaribLEM happens in the beginning of 2013, plus SELEM, another big trip and time commitment may not be feasible for most. I'd really like to get this in the $2500 range to make it available to as many as possible. I'm sure there are ways we can get it down further. The biggest unknown right now is airfare since things aren't published that far out. Historically though, there isn't a tremendous fluctuation from year to year to year so, an educated guess can probably be figured out.

So is there an option for a Caribbean local? Wow! Sort of neutral ground. But I would hate to miss the chance to see Merry Old E. Especially if the kids come, They got a hoot at SELEM. Also, the chance to see some high power outdoor shows and bring together the biggest and baddest machines in the UK. That would set a new standard.

Jon,
    Who is your SAL client? I thought the idea was more like club med. Not like the ATF meets the Swamp people.

Actually.... yes, there IS some work very much going on behind the scenes for a CaribLEM and I'm finding myself in that position of, "If you want something done, get a busy person to do it." I will be providing a lot more information shortly but I've been brought into the planning for it recently. This would really be something that we hope would be of mass appeal to a worldwide audience.

Imagine if you will, roughly 6 days at a private resort on the island of Utila off Honduras spending your days being able to Scuba (or learn!), snorkel, swim with whale sharks, waterski or wakeboard either with your significant other or, while they're enjoying the shopping and sightseeing of a tropical paradise and, spend the evenings with countless hours of indoor/outdoor laser shows and the opportunity to go test your skills with a public perfomance at a local nighclub. Free from CDRH, FAA and any other regulations except your own common sense. Meeting and learning from a number of the major players in the laser display industry from ILDA and the like. The resort has the capability of hosting as many as 100 of us. Yes there is 3 phase. Yes there is sound in place. Yes, they speak English. Yes, it is safe there. Yes, you can carry a solid state laser on an airplane. Yes, you could afford this.... How does $600 for room and board and all activities grab you? I thought so. (Booze however.... is on ya'll.) Adam Burns (Buffo), myself and a couple of others are in the midst of a swarm of e-mails and phone calls at the moment so, look for some new threads in the Meet and Greet very near future!

PS - I'm not giving up the US-UK LEM idea, it's still in play. Quite frankly that appeals to me more on a personal level but, talk of CaribLEM in 2013 started first and we don't want to step on any toes or stretch people too thin financially too close together!

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    So is there an option for a Caribbean local?
    Ayyeup. Here's the skinny... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...777#post219777 ...and, why, look! ..there's even a snappy logo, already!.. ...

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Who is your SAL client? I thought the idea was more like club med.
    No, no - I was just punning-about the somewhat 'adventurous-roads' between San Sal, and Hondu...I posted more info about that 'connection', that might allow us to have 'relatively-local, big-gun gear to play with', in Utila, in that CaribLEM thread... It would-be a trek, but, one I've done several x before with the guys from the Sho Co. down there in SS... don't think it would be 'out of the question'... I'll save the batch of 'loco-stories' for the late-nite beach-campfires...

..and now, back to the UKLEM channel...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I see. I see. That price?! Don't want to move too far afield from the USA-UK LEM so let me back up and check that thread out. Thanks for the work Bradfo69.