Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fact or Scaremongering?

yeah no shit... that is not a weak laser by no means either!! Is that Metropolis in Miami Fla?

jsalopeck,

I like the rta light wall behind the booth, Is that video or something "custom"

Chad

And yea that other club/ld is being totally irresponsible. Sometimes BT tours with some of his own gear, it could have been BTs ld.

Quote Originally Posted by jsalopeck View Post
    i enjoy putting stuff together and programming the stuff... but owning a club i cannot always be on top of everything... Fullauto has that option o hitting the "d" key to enable global adj of position for the entire show. I'm really pissed he scanned the crowd.. and no I've never seen that happen in my own club until now.
    LivePRO has password protection, to prevent exactly this scenario from happening.. It has a designer mode and a user mode. Only in designer mode can you alter scanner settings, or projection settings. You can set LivePRO up to request a password to enter into designer mode.

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

In front of my dj booth it is a led lighting system called an eq tube... supposedly im one of the first clubs in the country to have it... club goers like it... to me it is kinda bright... kinda cool though.. it is a 16 band graphic analyzer display.

that illegal scanning was with Tiesto at another club called Metropolis (which i guess my promotions manager is working on bringing soon to my club and i hope does not travel with that show)

I talked to my Lighting/laser Tech last night and he swears up and down that PVD back in 2003 had some guy who supposedly was his agent come in the booth and assist on helping run the lights and played some pvd dvd during the show and the guy was completely familiar with our lighting board and laser pc software. He says to the best of his knowledge he did not notice the crowd scanning from back then but could not say for sure. He also told me that back in 2003 we did not have a variance as of yet due to not requiring it then.He swears he did not do it though .It took me forever to get my variences for my 3 setups and thats all i would need is the fire dept to see that! They handle making sure the variance is in order from the FDA here in Cleveland. They come in almost every other week and check to see if we are over our 2500 person capacity! You would think after being there for 16 years they would just stop coming in... NEVER shut down once!! hehe i did 3100 people for a party a few weeks ago... i have an additional 11,000 sq foot room that i just opened but has not been added into our legal capacity yet.. i put a nice little 100mw 532mn system in that small room..

wow... is this legal over in Europe.... talk about crowd scanning... (beautiful show and programming though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12-WmaHi90M

Damn...

That Metropolis show is scarry to watch. I can't believe people weren't injured.

Re: Tiesto... I helped a local laserist do one of Tiesto's recent shows in Atlanta. To the best of my knowledge, he does not have a traveling laserist. Instead, he hires local talent.

The setup for the Atlanta show was a Kr/Ar whitelight set up behind and above Tiesto's head shooting out straight and flat over the crowd. (Actual height of the beam above the crowd was ~18 ft) then we had two DPSS green units on either side of the stage each aimed up towards the ceiling at 45 degree angles. It worked well, given the odd size of the venue.

For sure we didn't pull any crowd scanning stunts like you see in that Metropolis video! As for the European shows, it seems that the laws there are more permissive with regard to laser shows. I know that I've seen lots of video from European shows that make me cringe, but it might just be that I've been conditioned to think that crowd scanning = eye injury. Granted, it is possible to do a crowd scan safely, but it requires a lot of work. I sure hope the laserist in that video you linked to did his homework before he ran that show...

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 02-17-2007 at 03:00.

yeah we do some cool stuff also like that... i get most creative with lights.. someday i would like to do remote laser heads...i think that would be cool... RGBing my 2 dpss systems im working on now. Just trying to find the appropriate power to make a good white balance. Not concerned with my smaller system but i want to do my 200mw 532 system right. I'm looking for a 200mw blue and a 500-600mw red .. hopefully that is a good ratio.

we have 10 Goldenscan 3's, 8 miniscan hpe's, 10 Trackspots, 2 intellabeams, 24 dataflash, 4 mac250 kryptons and 4 technobeams. Also 4 banks of ACL's and 50k in par 64's! and of course our 3 lasers! not to bad for a club in "Cleveland" compared to the rest of this town. Most of these clubs in this town buy four "cheesescans" and a few twist and pukes and a cheesy american dj automatic laser and they advertise "State of the art" it cracks me up! The sound systems in these clubs are just as pathetic!!
    There was a club called Moda here in town that was nominated as best new club 2 years ago in Club systems international magazine that had a nice setup but was shut down to being purchased and built on drug money. They had a nice laser setup...at least 1w 532mn .. but the show they had was not so good due to not being able to display it anywhere without hitting people with it due to raised seating areas.

Not to rag on your LD, but we have projectors with variances from 1979... They're not exactly new...

im sure there were but we did not have one then..cleveland law officials did not push the issue and our former laser installers and operators never told us... i've only been dabling with lasers for the last 5-6 years myself, outside companies did it prior. This is a fun hobby though.. very gratifying to create something unique!