Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 9W RGB special red beam!

people not read good!

the 9W was doing outdoor show only in the sky, look the video good!
    indoor was about 1 W RGB projectors with safty zone!
    all powers set back for white balance and safty.
    so where is the problem ?

forget to reply with quote, see better not use this forum hahaaa
    have fun, i am happy you talk about my 9W
    i am off again!

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    dang, that is not safe indeed. even if you turn it down it would not be safe.
    Joost I'm not trying to dig u in the ground with this but you seriously should comfort the mpe standards more.
    In fact if a venue is not safe to support your power projectors, you should refuse a job and not take it.
    you don't no where you talk about :-)

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    As lasers get cheaper, people will put more and more higher powered lasers into smaller spaces. I was writing up my safety record for a spring festival last night and surprised and perturbed to find I was going to have to turn my 800mW greens down to under 100 to hit MPE. Although I would love to justify buying more and bigger lasers, I've realised that my 1-4W range of projectors will cover 95% of the jobs I do.
    my 1.4W cover 100% of my shows :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Yeah, tried that... gave me a 'undeliverable' failure-message... Also, your 'PM's are turned-off?

Umm, ok.. Back in post 34-ish it was..

(..and I believe Post #42 'validates' that I did not 'misunderstand' the pricing-implication.. ya?) ..also,

..is, (last I checked), 8.27 Watts, not 9... so, which is it? 9W's for 7K Euro? ..Or, 8.27W's for 7950 Euro? I'm confused..

..I mean, I'm not trying to 'mess with you', Joost, but I'm sure you see the conundrum, yes? Obviously, I cannot sell a "9 Watt RGB" to a Client, and then have it show-up, doing 8.27W...or less... especially, when I can do-nothing to possibly 'improve' that, before it 'lands'.. (..and, PS - yes, they 'know what they're doing'...)

How about this - You offered "9 Watts for 7K Euro" (..I'm not about to go-off a higher-quoted price for less Watts... ) - that's about 778 Euro per Watt.. I would only ever 'present' this to my Client as a *7* Watt, (no, not-even an '8'.. ) and if we say, 778 Euro x the 8 Watts it's (really) producing, that's ~ 6225 Euro, and we can discuss shipping... can I present that to our Client?

I'd be happy to 'discuss' this in a PM... buuut, I can't...

Thanks!

PS - seeing your 'demo-room', there?? - I think you are the most well-kitted 'hobbiest' this-side of the Milky Way..
    the 9W give this output power
    about:
    1,77W red
    4,2W bleu
    2,3W green
    So 8,2W output power!

Quote Originally Posted by RGB LASER VERKOOP View Post
    this are the 1,6W SPectrums and they did a the time about 1W RGB in low and Full power in upper (above eye line)
    There we go! Finally a response and in fact very happy about the news.

Well that clears up the rage of mine, so I will be removing them (since you are using the 1.6w kvant models, which are often NOT higher in power then advertised) (This is only with the 2.1 and higher models).
    Thought the outdoor was a 9watt projector, i read the post of badger about the indoor photo, not sure how he came to that so I assumed he heard that somewhere and thats why I raged like that.
    removing these post or editting the one where i assumed you really used 9w indoors and at that outdoor event, which off course triggered ragemode and safety alarm instantly for me.

Anyway I owe you an apology in this case .

the 9W give this output power
    about:
    1,77W red
    4,2W bleu
    2,3W green
    So 8,2W output power!
    Your projector should be advertised as a 8W projector then hehe
    Last edited by masterpj; 04-05-2012 at 12:42.

Wtf you test the laser shows with your eyes
    Surprised you can still see.
    Ok your the twat that started this all
    Selling a 9w rgb and posting a link to pictures of a 1w projector and beams
    In people's faces, now if you had got your facts right
    This all would never of happend
    Starting to wonder if your doing this
    Crap to wind us up
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

with my experience, i say this is safe! i test all the shows with my own eyes, and my eyes are still 100% no black spots, as other laserist have (i know! )
    So no actual measurements or maths then?

At 1W, the NOHD of a 3mm diameter, 2mrad beam is 112 metres. Knowing Kvant beam specs, those numbers are being generous to you.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    And just to know, did you measured divergence? Kvant advises their red at around 0.8mrad half angle, so 1.6mrad full angle, but that seems a lot for me especially for lower power, wondering if it's a max or so. On the other hand, they have no reason to advertise worstly than the things are performing in real...
    this is a shot of white beam from 1,6W kvant spectrum at a distance of 2,6 km, the whole lighted area is around 3 m in diameter, the overlapping 3 colours make half of it so that's about 1,5m ... i'm not good at math but if i counted it correctly that sums up to 1,15 mrad full angle (of course each module has slightly different beam specs)

with my experience, i say this is safe! i test all the shows with my own eyes, and my eyes are still 100% no black spots, as other laserist have (i know! )
    As others have pointed out not a good way to assess a show, not least of which because everybody's eyes are different and what doesn't damage one person's eyes can damage another.

You really should learn to do the maths to make sure you are doing it safely.

With the greatest respect as well, maybe you should take a look at this written by Greg Markhov, probably the most eminent laser safety expert in the world: http://www.laserist.org/files/Art%20...20Science4.pdf

In particular I draw your attention to the paragraph:

But I adjust lights by eye, why can’t I adjust a safe level for the laser by eye?

The human eye is an amazing optical instrument, one that has yet to be equaled by any man-made device. It has over 100 million detectors, can accurately detect light images over 12 decades of
    intensity, and can discriminate between wavelengths only a few nanometers apart. You can see a single photon!

However, it is not a measuring device. It cannot be calibrated, and is poor at absolute measures of intensity. It is relatively slow in response, and can readily be damaged by intense light
    sources. If I damage my $2000 meter, I have to pay the repair costs; if I damage my eye, the repair costs are impossible.

In attempting to judge the brightness of a light source, human vision accomplishes this best by comparison. If you had a laser effect that was calibrated as a safe exposure, and you compared it
    with an unknown effect of the same nature ( scan pattern, wavelength, divergence), you could probably match the average power with some degree of accuracy. However, you cannot see the
    refresh rate, duty cycle, or individual pulse energy, all of which are factors in a safe exposure. At best, you could only meet one of the three Rules for exposure.

Moreover, since the eye has a response curve (the photopic response curve) where it is less sensitive in blue and red spectral regions, and more sensitive in the green and yellow regions, one
    can incorrectly assess the brightness of the laser through a normal aspect of human vision. Just because the blue laser effect appears dim does not mean that the effect is a lower power than the
    green laser effect, or that it is safe.

Finally, with bright light sources, a phenomenon called bleaching occurs, where the light causes the retina to lose its sensitivity. Extreme bleaching is perceived as afterimages or blindspots, and
    remains until the retina regains normal sensitivity, generally over several minutes. Trying to view a bright light source and judge it will almost inevitably produce this effect, and result in
    very poor measurements. Imagine trying to judge the brightness of a candle by staring at it.