Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimate Hologram?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

we could go apple style and put it at the beginning: iPeter

Quote Originally Posted by GoolGaul View Post
    I know here in the US, there is no 'i' in Peter... I think the UK is similar.

So when we need to use 'i' in Peter, we don;t know where it goes.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by GoolGaul View Post
    I know here in the US, there is no 'i' in Peter... I think the UK is similar.

So when we need to use 'i' in Peter, we don;t know where it goes.
    Yup.

My apologies anyway.

Yup, my bad, and I think the original discussion was here too (including about how it wasn't a hologram and the title was misleading). Serve me right for posting in a hurry whilst trying to get to work, clean my daughter up and have lunch, comment here and ring DHL, all in a 30 second window...
    Plenty of discussions of Peppers Ghost on BR....
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

The images are projected from conventional projectors onto what's likely a screen made by holographic methods. The screen is essentially a holographic diffuser, with its reconstruction beam made to be along the projection path. That's why it's clear, but diffuse when lit along that path only.

Consider however, the case where the projector might incorporate lasers as the light sources. A person in the audience would see the images as very thin 3D objects on the stage, apparently floating in mid-air (if the other lighting doesn't reveal the presence of the screen). They could point toward the imagery and say "those are holographic images" and be 100% correct. They'd be looking at a conventional transmission hologram being lit by lasers along an encoded reconstruction path. Even without the laser projectors in use, it's still a "white light illuminated" hologram.

Anyway, that's how I justify letting go of my personal hang-up about those using the h-word who haven't paid their dues shakin' trays in a darkroom.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Yup.

My apologies anyway.
    Hey it's ok man, just been noticing that some people keep moving those 2 characters and I thought there was a name mistake going on

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    we could go apple style and put it at the beginning: iPeter
    hahahaha I liked that variation.

OK sorry for getting on topic, back on topic
    The actual tech is in the content creation here, the engine and the motion capture off course.