Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Making a cheap chinese laser legal

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    3 depends, but I don't know anything legal you can get for $100
    Har! Sex. The best fun money can buy.

But seriously, how do you make a cheap Chinese laser legal?

Easy.

1. Remove cover
    2. Fill with concrete
    3. Drop it in the ocean
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    1. Remove cover
    2. Fill with concrete
    3. Drop it in the ocean
    thsi process is not environmentally friendly

the correct process is listed below

1. Remove cover
    2. Fill with concrete
    3. Paint it blue (so as not to scare the fish)
    4. Drop it in the ocean
    "its called character briggs..."

You forgot one important thing to be enviromentally friendly:

Please us only biodegradable Paint.

Thank You

StarryEyed

Not a bad idea, but I would say not for three reasons:

1) A fatbeam laser requires much larger mirrors which move too slowly to really give the impression of a wall, at least in the traditional sense, scanning over a wide enough angle to accomplish the effect.

2) I am not aware of a commercially available fatbeam from any vendor in the power range he would need. Also, while increasing the beam diameter and/or divergence will help with safety for sure, it would have to be quite far away, ~10m or so, in order to even get close to an eyesafe level.

3) Even still it is not going to fall into his budget.

A thought though on the safety front would be to have the dancer wear snazzy laser safety glasses during her routine, that would solve the eye safety issue at most reasonable power levels. But still not the budget issue.

3)

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    thsi process is not environmentally friendly

the correct process is listed below

1. Remove cover
    2. Fill with concrete
    3. Paint it blue (so as not to scare the fish)
    4. Drop it in the ocean
    Is there a special blend of concrete approved for this application by both the CDRH and the coast gaurd?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    Not a bad idea, but I would say not for three reasons:

A thought though on the safety front would be to have the dancer wear snazzy laser safety glasses during her routine, that would solve the eye safety issue at most reasonable power levels. But still not the budget issue.

3)
    This might solve the safety issue, but would it be legal?
    when the performer asked for this effect i thought it was a neat idea and an excuse to start spending money on lasers(a little bit right now, and im sure much more in the future)
    Anything that starts getting into serious expense needs to be something legal as the primary use will be normal laser light shows that i can add to the services i already provide.

I was under the impression that performers could be scanned, providing they have been briefed and know the score and are provided with safety equipment (if deemed necessary)
    For the sort of effect you are describing, I would think the chances of looking directly at the overhead origin would be quite unlikely, and so the chance of a direct eye hit also extremely unlikely.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I was under the impression that performers could be scanned, providing they have been briefed and know the score and are provided with safety equipment (if deemed necessary)
    For the sort of effect you are describing, I would think the chances of looking directly at the overhead origin would be quite unlikely, and so the chance of a direct eye hit also extremely unlikely.
    I was *somewhat* under a bit of that impression too. When you complete a show variance in the US, you have the ability to describe the effects and what steps are taken to ensure safety when performers or employees are involved with putting on a production. Now, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LAUGH, DAMNIT... but, last night I watched some of that Justin Beiber movie about his life (o.k., I have no life...) and in the opening there are scenes from a show in Madison Square Garden where there is an array of Arctos projectors on the floor of a elevated stage above the main stage and he is clearly dancing with beams shooting out and even criss crossing in front of him. And I would certainly say at less than two meters from his body and head. The projectors were only on when he was between the beams and was facing out towards the audience. I'm certain that in rehearsals, spots were marked and cautions were given about where to stand and not to turn around!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Is there a special blend of concrete approved for this application by both the CDRH and the coast gaurd?
    The same stuff they used for Jimmy Hoffa's concrete boots is fine.
    This space for rent.

Ok so I'm ditching the thought of modifying any Chinese crap and the routine i was describing is probably gone as well, but i still want a laser. So im thinking about saying to hell with my budget and going with either a x-laser mobile beat or a used skywriter of ebay. so i now have 2 new questions

1)If i buy one of these, how difficult would it be to upgrade the 15k galvo's when i get more money
    2)what would i have to go thru after modifying a legal laser product to make sure its still still legal(as far as paperwork)