Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Making a cheap chinese laser legal

As far as performers in laser goes, the deal is this:

If you can provide an alternative means of radiation safety which equals or exceeds that envisioned by FDA/IEC standards, the CDRH will approve it. That means you can do pretty much anything given enough thought and planning. In the present case, I would question whether or not the dancer will be wearing jewlery as burlesque often involves embellishments to body or costume which could reflect the laser into the crowd... Is it possible, sure, just takes some careful planning.

Andrew, for you:

1) For the effect you want, 15K is PERFECTLY fine. Faster is actually worse because, in general, faster is also dimmer. In fact, I would slow them down to 10K just to get the best look at the beam. As for difficulty, it is not something we do. The cases are very compact and there is not a lot of real estate. Also involves power considerations and creates a sync issue with the patterns on the chip.

2) Almost as much as trying to make a Chinese laser legal. You are going through the process of becoming a registered laser manufacturer either way. For someone in your situation, BEYOND not worth it.

Depending on the model you choose we can take a look at doing it for you but no promises and full color is definitely out... The 2012 models of the Skywriters, even full color, are very easy but anything before that in full color is out. Single or two colors, maybe. Depends on when the unit was built and what model it is.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for all the info, this is what i ended up getting.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/170784297459...84.m1439.l2649

it won't arrive for a few days but i was hoping to find a user manual to start learning about it before it gets here but i'm having trouble finding one, any suggestions?