Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selling section for the non-hobbyists among us

Good Idea,
    ideas to define a commercial seller:
    1. they have a website where they show there stuff for sale
    2. they have a chamber of commerce number

i am also a commercial seller, but this all started as a hobby.
    but i don't post everything i have for sale as if people need something they will find it easy.
    only a few special things or second hand stuff that is going away for a bargain or things like a GB (like the LPC826)
    main reason for me to join this forum is to learn more as this forum has so much knowledge and where i can contribute to the knowledge

Yes, Hobbiest= learning, sharing and being an active member of this forum.
    Commercial seller= a person or persons whose primary interest on this forum is to sell their product or products.
    (would be my definition, in my opinion)

I am all for this, I have been thinking the same thing. It would be easy to deal with. Spec just needs to create a section that only blue (contributing) members can start new threads. So for instance I could make a thread selling my little mounts ( if I were making them again), drlava could make a thread about lsx. Pangolin could make a 'official' help thread.

Casual members could still sell stuff in the buy/ sell section.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

The Dark Blue sneetches should be the only ones to do group buys also? maybe just rename that section for Marketplace sellers / group buys.

The Dark Blue sneetches should be the only ones to do group buys also?
    Why?

Surely anyone should be able to devote time and resource to organizing a better deal for everyone, not just the traders.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Yeah, organising and administering a group buy is a massive contribution to this community.

Most of the sellers, on here, have links or "services offered"
    Right in their sig. , so its not too difficult to see who is doing that?
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Works on here:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/

They have a For Sale / Wanted section for Hobbyists which also includes another subsection which is a separate traders section for hobbyists who are involved in small scale trading a specific product or two eg People like Andy on here

A Commercial Section for commercial sellers which requires a paid subscription to advertise in

Posting or trading outside of the recommended section = warning / ban.

Meh. Either something is for sale or it isn't. Either you buy something or you don't. I sell Spaghetti and I am a hobbyist and Spaghetti is aimed towards hobbyists. Yet, most people on here buy Quickshow or other Pangolin products which are professional products aimed towards professionals. So, WTF? What difference does it make where the ads are?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Meh. Either something is for sale or it isn't. Either you buy something or you don't. I sell Spaghetti and I am a hobbyist and Spaghetti is aimed towards hobbyists. Yet, most people on here buy Quickshow or other Pangolin products which are professional products aimed towards professionals. So, WTF? What difference does it make where the ads are?
    The problem is spam from big commercial companies such as the rep David the other day who posted an advert in 7 different sections of the board.

There's also the argument that big companies making lots of money should pay for the privilege of advertising on here.