Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

colouredmirrorball,
    Thanks for the show files and step by step. It's a huge help starting out with LSX and MIDI toys.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Yeah, MIDI is neat. You can use midi(<parameter number>) in the same way as I used slider(<a number>) in the abstract shows for more awesomeness. See the MIDI settings to see which slider does what on your MIDI device.

Hi All,

Anyone got any advice on how to try this software out? I have PM'ed Dr.Lava asking for a demo version and after a week and a bit of waiting I doubt I will receive a reply.

Really eager to get my hands on this but hesitant to spend money to steer away from a perfectly good pangolin system top something that *might* work for me.

I hope someone here can help

Thanks,
    Fabian.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

it is awesome software!

there are some shows i've made with LSX on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/swamidog

i'll send an email to drlava for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Humphry View Post
    Hi All,

Anyone got any advice on how to try this software out? I have PM'ed Dr.Lava asking for a demo version and after a week and a bit of waiting I doubt I will receive a reply.

Really eager to get my hands on this but hesitant to spend money to steer away from a perfectly good pangolin system top something that *might* work for me.

Thanks,
    Fabian.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    it is awesome software!

there are some shows i've made with LSX on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/swamidog

i'll send an email to drlava for you.
    You have a new subscriber Your music choice is very interesting, almost eerie - I love it!

My main use would be beamshows, how does it fare on that front? The limitations of Quickshow when it comes to color and continuity are getting to me.
    Thanks for putting in some effort to help me!!!!

Fabian

welcome capelasers.

LSX pro comes with (roughly) 120 shows. most of which are european beam shows. i don't think you'll have any problems with that aspect.

it also has controls for very detailed color linearity and blanking timing adjust (for each laser color). it's much more controllable than QuickShow is.

let me know if you have any additional questions. always happy to help out.

c.

You have a new subscriber Your music choice is very interesting, almost eerie - I love it!

My main use would be beamshows, how does it fare on that front? The limitations of Quickshow when it comes to color and continuity are getting to me.
    Thanks for putting in some effort to help me!!!!

Fabian
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Hi All,

Thanks,
    Fabian.
    ! If you have an FB3, please be aware that it will NOT work with LSX!
    Also, LSX isn't plug and play. Not trying to scare you, but there's a learning curve and you need to spend some time with it to get the most out of the software.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    ! If you have an FB3, please be aware that it will NOT work with LSX!
    Also, LSX isn't plug and play. Not trying to scare you, but there's a learning curve and you need to spend some time with it to get the most out of the software.
    Yes I am looking at etherdream.

Thanks for the warning, and especially considering maths was never my strong point (eek!). But I would still like to spend some time with just a demo version.

You can do very amazing things with little or no math. No worries.

Yes I am looking at etherdream.

Thanks for the warning, and especially considering maths was never my strong point (eek!). But I would still like to spend some time with just a demo version.

Hey guys, I just got my coppy of LSX, and I feel like an idiot not being able to figure this out but.

Can someone please make something that outlines the UI of LSX? I kinda get it, but for some reason I'm already failing trying to first make a frame and then get it to do what I'd like in the timeline.

Maybe i'm just thinking to hard, but can someone just give a brief overview on how to get started?

Thanks guys!
    1st place ILDA 2013 awards "Multiscanner show"
    1st place ILDA 2014 awards "Multiscanner show"
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BronyBeamshows
    My start to the laser world
    9/15/2010