Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 53596061626364 LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    I'm not sure what you are asking, but if you are asking if an effect speed can be speeded up or slowed down then yes, there are several ways to do it. The most common approach is simply by adjusting the length of the effect / animation you wanted to change.

-David
    Thank David! I found this opportunity, probably operatively with MIDI or OSC manual control I think it is impossible to change the size of animation (respectively speed). Another and better way - change speed of global time on timeline. Maybe Live [variable speed] mode can help, but I can not found how change this speed

I found answer - https://youtu.be/4bRZx8lGcrM
    Thank you CMB for nice tutorials!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I have been experimenting with LSX Lissajou to create abstracts, but I always wondered how these preset files that comes with LSX archive these shapes.
    For example: if you load electron1_3d preset, you achive my first uploded image.
    If you create a new preset from blank and try to copy the parameters from electron1_3d, you get a totally diferent shape like my second uploded image.

Does anyone know why? or am I missing something? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.png  

2.png  

Quote Originally Posted by FHaze View Post
    I have been experimenting with LSX Lissajou to create abstracts, but I always wondered how these preset files that comes with LSX archive these shapes.
    For example: if you load electron1_3d preset, you achive my first uploded image.
    If you create a new preset from blank and try to copy the parameters from electron1_3d, you get a totally diferent shape like my second uploded image.

Does anyone know why? or am I missing something? Thanks!
    I don't have much experience with LSX (which I have a license for) but I do with Lissajou graphics. It appears to me like you need a 90 degree phase difference between key X an Y parameters that exist in the original preset.

...just an educated guess. (edit: I also see you are looking at Frame 8 where Frame 7 is displayed in original.)

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    I don't have much experience with LSX (which I have a license for) but I do with Lissajou graphics. It appears to me like you need a 90 degree phase difference between key X an Y parameters that exist in the original preset.

...just an educated guess. (edit: I also see you are looking at Frame 8 where Frame 7 is displayed in original.)
    Thanks for the response.

I understood about the offset, but I have no idea where this parameter is localized. It is like the preset is changing a hidden parameter.
    The Frames 7 and 8 you mentioned are just temporary frames the program use to render the abstract in realtime, it is not a source data.

Thanks for the response.

I understood about the offset, but I have no idea where this parameter is localized. It is like the preset is changing a hidden parameter.
    The Frames 7 and 8 you mentioned are just temporary frames the program use to render the abstract in realtime, it is not a source data.
    What version of LSX are you using? I will make sure mine is the same, fire it up and see if I can help determine the difference you are seeing. Mine is 20180416.

Also, are you displaying LSX's output on an ILDA projector or just relying on the computer display? Thanks for the frame explanation.

Edit: I read earlier in this post where your version is 2013 something, a much older version of LSX where mine is 2018 and appears to no longer include the Abstract Generator function. I see it "titled" as section 6.8 in the 2018 Basic user manual but is blank.
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 10-28-2020 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    What version of LSX are you using? I will make sure mine is the same, fire it up and see if I can help determine the difference you are seeing.

Also, are you displaying LSX's output on an ILDA projector or just relying on the computer display? Thanks for the frame explanation.
    I'm running LSX Version 20130401 Basic Edition, both LSX's Preview Window and my projector output the same shape. Thanks for the help, this is making no sense for me.

I'm running LSX Version 20130401 Basic Edition, both LSX's Preview Window and my projector output the same shape. Thanks for the help, this is making no sense for me.
    Thanks.
    See the edit to my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977
    Edit: I read earlier in this post where your version is 2013 something, a much older version of LSX where mine is 2018 and appears to no longer include the Abstract Generator function. I see it "titled" as section 6.8 in the 2018 Basic user manual but is blank.
    The 2018 LSX version does not include the Lissajou event?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 無題.png