Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Old School — Like NEW!

Love the 1st 2 segments ... especially the 2nd - very unique. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    you might check out LSX. the digitally synthesized abstract generator is way more than the typical oscillator slider that you see in most laser show software. here are a few that i made a while back:

Quote Originally Posted by Earthnik View Post
    At the time all keys were the same pin configuration. That way everyone who misplaced one could always borrow someone else's. I'll throw in all 3 keys assuming I still have the chrome one. I'm pretty busy right now and will be in Long Beach from March 1-5. But hit me up and we'll pull it out of the closet and demo it for you. Ststem come with a buttload of shows on disk and ADAT tape ... forgot to mention that.
    Sounds good, I think I'm there the week after that, will need to look at my schedule. Will actually be in San Jose, but looks like Frisco is just right up the road. I'd appreciate your time, if bradfo is able to sort out a buy out there's parts that I would be in for. The show material is also very interesting! Any vintage AVI stuff in there???

So tell me DZ ... what else "concerns" you. I'm no shyster and have a superlative reputation in the Laser Industry. There's nothing here I am misrepresenting.
    How do I know that? As far as I know you haven't revealed your identity. You will have to excuse my skeptical side, being a big fan of old school gas rig setups, this does just seem too good to be true! And after seeing the key thing a couple other minor red flags, it leaves me concerned. I don't think it matters really, because if anyone is going to drop the kind of cash that this system deserves, then they should probably pick this up in person, I know I would. It's too nice to be shipped.

I think I know whos gear this is, I will double check.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Lasershow Performer for sure, the lumia glass
    ah oh well thats all I was interested in too lol

WTF???
    My name is Frank Plughoff. My business was Full Spectrum Laser. I was a member of ILDA, in good standing, for over a decade since 1992. I don't know who you think you are, but I know who I am. I have ALWAYS stood for integrity in the laser display industry. I fought for standardization, ethics and the improvement of the reputation of laser displays given the rogue operators out there.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure you, with your attitude, would be welcome in my home to demonstrate the system I have for sale. I am perfectly content to wait for someone with a more reasonable temperament.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Sounds good, I think I'm there the week after that, will need to look at my schedule. Will actually be in San Jose, but looks like Frisco is just right up the road. I'd appreciate your time, if bradfo is able to sort out a buy out there's parts that I would be in for. The show material is also very interesting! Any vintage AVI stuff in there???

How do I know that? As far as I know you haven't revealed your identity. You will have to excuse my skeptical side, being a big fan of old school gas rig setups, this does just seem too good to be true! And after seeing the key thing a couple other minor red flags, it leaves me concerned. I don't think it matters really, because if anyone is going to drop the kind of cash that this system deserves, then they should probably pick this up in person, I know I would. It's too nice to be shipped.

Oops ... did i say would? I meant "wouldn't"

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post

Let me know when you think you have figured that out. This is MY equipment. Unless you know me, you don't know me.

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    I think I know whos gear this is, I will double check.

It has been many many years since I meet you. I think your Frank P. Ive meet you first at a LaserFX conf. and another time many years later in SF when me and another friend had been invited to view your little 2nd floor? studio. You had a great collection of recorded shows.

Earthnik,
    No need to bag on DZ he just wants to make sure this sale was not a scam. That is some great gear you have as you know, So when great gear comes along many people think its a scam attempt.
    Last edited by Picasso; 02-21-2012 at 00:48.

Good god, what is it with people on this forum! Why is everyone SO ready to flame new members, new members with such awesome gear as this gentlman has up for grabs. I just don't get it!
    Chill out people and stop treating every new member as a bloody terrorist!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Good god, what is it with people on this forum! Why is everyone SO ready to flame new members, new members with such awesome gear as this gentlman has up for grabs. I just don't get it!
    Honestly, part of me finds it understandable given the recent influx of new Chinese 'members' doing nothing but shamelessly spamming their merchandise, teenagers selling overpowered pointers, Romanian dancers with red laser beams and people like "Pro DJ" Allen trying to make a quick show buck with illicit modifications to medical gear, kind of makes people a bit edgy.

People who are honest and have been in the industry with beautiful equipment like Frank here may occasionally fall through the cracks and get bashed in the process, while he's clearly only trying to sell his own equipment here.

Too bad I really don't have the kind of cash to get my hands on this system. It's probably more than my personal net worth.