Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Old School — Like NEW!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

as a photographer, i can't help but admire your choice of lights and camera. very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Earthnik View Post

Yes, I photographed it in my kitchen all by myself… am a photographer too … I don’t have just one talent. And just so that you believe me, I’ll attach a photo of the rig I set up on my kitchen table.

http://128.121.106.192/PhotoSetUp.jpg
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

LOL ... thanks! Nice to get off topic for a moment. I could probably sell the light panel too ... perfectly color balanced ... but NO, you can't have my camera!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    as a photographer, i can't help but admire your choice of lights and camera. very nice!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i have a d200, a d7000, and an FE. i'm good on the camera front

the light on the other hand...

LOL ... thanks! Nice to get off topic for a moment. I could probably sell the light panel too ... perfectly color balanced ... but NO, you can't have my camera!!!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Posting here was a difficult enough choice for me. The reception I have gotten pisses me off. So honestly … I’d love to tell you where to shove your snarky comments.
    Well certainly not the response I was hoping for. I am done here, it's clear you and I cannot get along due to severe communication fail. I do wish you the best with the sale. I do hope that you stick around PL as perhaps you will find other folks more cordial. I am very sorry to hear of you plight. And I am very sorry that we got off to a bad start/finish. Good day, sir.

Lightbulb fwiw...

..I went through a very painful divorce with a woman I loved more than life itself.
    ..Boy, we do have a lot to talk about! I got to keep the house (only to sell it, cuz... what was the 'point'... , Biz, and all my lazorz, etc... but, the fairweather-friend she-devil took my heart, what little faith I had, that hot-blondes could have a soul, and.. worst of all.. she got 'Indiana Jones'...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00712.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	30678 ...Bitc

..anyhoo, fwiw, I can see how you - not being a member here for awhile / being familiar with all the suffering from 'spamerrorist' goings-on of-late - might see DZ's 'suspicions' offensive, but, He certainly didn't come at ya *knowing* who you were, etc, so, He really wasn't 'attacking your integrity' - he doesn't know you from... well, I would say 'Adam', but that might be more confusing still, so... (..there's only about 30 'Adam's here, in PL... -

..Honestly, although you certainly don't 'owe' us any explanation of your 'credentials', a simple 'top-level' introduction, of who you are (laser-industry wise / been a long-time ILDA blah, blah, blah..) - *then* mentioned the sales stuff, I'd be willing to bet that none of this 'defensive posture' would have ever happened...

..I say this cuz the same exact thing happened to me, when I joined PL... my first (or second, can't remember...) was a 'I have this amazing unit for sale', and all it did was get attacked / doubted (...'those lasers can't do 1.25 Watts, no, can't happen, etc, etc..) and I was like 'wth???', but - really, it would have been better for me to just simply introduce myself / experience, first, then 'offer' the unit - I (and it seems like You did, too..) thought that I'd be doing people some kind of a 'favor' by offering this great little system, all ready to go, etc - but the community saw it like 'who's this cheeze-wiz?' -

..but anyway, point is, I can vouch that DZ is a great guy, a skilled builder, and a fine-supporter of the 'old school'.. I just think you guys have gotten off on the wrong footing, here.. So, maybe we can all put the pitchforks down, and give this a Take 2...

..And any Ex-wife / dumb blonde jokes are welcome...

peace..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

dsli_jon ~ I get that. I honestly do. AND ... how was I to know that this was the climate here having never been here? Hell, if I had posted it on Craig's List I wouldn't have had to qualify myself. Shit happens ... glad it doesn't happen just to me. LOL I can also see that DZ is respected here ... and I have no qualms with his character. He's most likely a great guy. But the approach put me on the defensive from the start ... and the name-calling especially doesn't work for me — totally uncalled for.

All that aside, we'll see what happens in the future. Thanks for your input.

..And any Ex-wife / dumb blonde jokes are welcome...
    Q:Why did the blonde have square boobs?

A:She forgot to take the kleenex out of the box.

-edit- oops, posted at the same time..
    Welcome Earthnik.

Hey Earthnik,

Please don't hold hard feelings for DZ, he is truly a great guy. I'm very sure he meant no harm to you or your sale. Alot of forum members and myself trust and respect his judgement calls on equipment that come up in the forsale thread. If he says its good, its sure to sell.. Alot of us here are from the old school days when you needed 150K just to dream about doing laser shows and that got you a small white light tube, color box and a G120's doing 12K. These new laserist today have it $ easy (Except for Bradfo69 ) compared to us when we started this crazy addiction. Your/Our style of equipment is sometimes considered "to good to be true" to be forsale. That makes us all very cautious because we know the price tag is going to be high to aquire your dream. I know we can all find peace and coherence in the light that binds us together

Best Regards and Welcome to PL,

Mark

@ImageLight ... thanks Mark ... for all your words and wisdom. And Bradfo69 hasn't come in with an offer yet. LOL

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

And Bradfo69 hasn't come in with an offer yet. LOL
    Not that I haven't been working in the background! Was going to PM you soon. It's after 2 am and the end of a 17 hour day at work so, it's going to wait 'til tomorrow.