Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How DJs and Clubs can elevate their status and make more money

I liked the semi-nekkid girls beaming me in the face.

Girls with high beam ON!
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    What is dumb about it was the audience scanning. If he had the lens setup and pass no wonder he thinks QS is cheap. And hey who built his audience scanning laser? And Yes I agree it needs some rewording. I did not know it was user submitted videos. I still would not promote that video if I was Pangolin. QS has a feeling cheap as it is.......
    1. There's nothing wrong with audience scanning. In fact its absolutely the best experience you can have with lasers.

Why knock the guy if he can afford PASS and lenses to get a variance and do it safely and legally within US rules? I detect a bit of jealously here.

As other users have commented the beams look fat so its a fair bet that it was done with safety in mind. I doubt Pangolin would use the video if they thought it was in any way unsafely executed.

QS has a feeling cheap as it is?
    Note quite sure I understand that either. Many professional users commented that Pangolin had made it way too powerful for the price point when it was released. That is backed up by the fact that it is very powerful if used correctly. Where it is limited is on large 6 projector+ multi systems and in cue creation. That is where Beyond comes into its own. If you mean the DJ doing dub step cheapens it, then that's your opinion. No doubt dub step fans might love it. I personally detest disco / 60's / 70's / 80's with a passion and would hate to see a video using that music. However, there is a spread of musical tastes out there and whereas I would hate it no doubt others would love it.

1. I never said it was not safe. More power to the guy if he is has one of maybe 5 legal audience scanning laser projectors in the US. I'm glad he has the time to do the math and still DJ. You would also think such a stud as "DJ Prime" from Los Angeles would be posting here on this forum......
    2. QS feels cheap because the only thing you can use it with is QS. It's designed and "locked" to a different market.
    Last edited by Picasso; 02-24-2012 at 05:35.

QS feels cheap because the only thing you can use it with is QS.
    Yep, totally different from all those other 'high end' laser softs that allow you mix and match hardware....
    If you mean the QS hardware, then actually it can be used with 3 (or more) pieces of software.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    2. QS feels cheap because the only thing you can use it with is QS. It's designed and "locked" to a different market.
    not at all, FB3 will work with QS, LivePro, and Beyond...

although the chances of a DJ having multiple projectors with PASS and a audience scanning variance are pretty slim lol

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

spoofed? how about validated.

that guy has a big budget, but i can't find him on google. of course "DJ Prime" is pretty generic.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    That video begs to be spoofed.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    spoofed? how about validated.

that guy has a big budget, but i can't find him on google. of course "DJ Prime" is pretty generic.
    clearly this is a conspiracy between bill and the illuminati

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

not the entire liiuminati, just the bavarians.

all hail discordia!

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    clearly this is a conspiracy between bill and the illuminati

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    .... the chances of a DJ having multiple projectors with PASS and a audience scanning variance are pretty slim lol
    Exactly. The current video gives the impression that audience scanning in the US is OK with QS. 99% of the DJs in the US will never inquire about a PASS, let alone an audience scanning variance; according to the video all they need is QS and a laser from eBay.

Personally, I love QS and use it a lot, so I'm definitely not hating on QS, just what I think is a misleading advertisement.

ya but bill does not sell lasers, nor does it ever imply that you can buy your lasers from eBay

really we are just arguing semantics, since the ad is for QS, not lasers per say