Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How DJs and Clubs can elevate their status and make more money

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post

I'm still having nightmares and flashbacks after the last LEM where err.... 'Dubstep' happened
    You should treasure the memories of the LEM. Allow me to refresh them:

Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    Just wait till Showlem
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Just wait till Showlem
    I always wondered what wuuuub wuuuub wuuub looked like.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

....Just wait till Showlem
    Ooohhh. Just remembered that I have major root canal work without anaesthetic on those days.
    A much more pleasant option !!

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Dubstep, the ultimate threadjacker.

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Ooohhh. Just remembered that I have major root canal work without anaesthetic on those days.
    A much more pleasant option !!
    Mate, when you're having the "drill" just imagine the pulses from it are some Dubstep wub, wub, wub that should liven you right up.

Infact I recon there is a niche in the market for "the dubstep dentist" aiiiit!

Lightbulb Seems like a Missed Opportunity...

Quote Originally Posted by Photonphart View Post
    My only concern was the way the video implied that any DJ could Audience scan using ANY projector with quickshow... PASS was used... but the video didnt say that... even if this is not the full edit... you should state that special safety features have been used to Audience Scan.... there will be a lot of DJs that will see this edit of the vid on Youtube and dont know the risks and regulation regarding Audience Scanning and i feel they could just assume that they can do this without PASS
    Yep. Really a 'missed op', imo... James' post is spot-on, and that (albeit, a 'laymans' version-explanation'...), imo, is what should-have been in the vid, especially this 'version'.. not a half-mocking *wink wink* 'disclaimer' ..Come-on, Guys!...

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    ..to see what the reactions would be
    Sorry, but w/O that 'full disclosure' in-place, now, it really would have been better to put the vid up as an 'unlisted' upload, and simply send the link-out via an email blast - or even post here, and other 'target market' forums / sites - only to select focus groups, to get those 'reactions'...

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    To continue with my automobile commercial analogy...
    Fair point, but ya never see any 'legitimate' stunt-disclaimers that end with a ;-) ...I mean, even the disclamers for 'Jackass' (..where you almost don't need a 'disclaimer', since it's *really obvious* what will happen if you 'try this at home'.. aren't 'wink-wink'... why make a 1/2-joke out of this, and not take hold of the 'op' to teach? We need more teachers, Man!...

The more that education spreads - and - accurate info, not 'too strict nor too lax', the less we need any 'police'... the 'ideal state', imo, is where every DJ / Laser "co". understands *why* there needs to be Regs (..'guardrails on the road', playing off your analogy.. , what they are / aren't, and - most-importantly - when they should be applied more stringently, and - when / how, indeed, they can be more 'lax'...

..If everybody did this, the CDRH can 'go away' entirely, and we can all keep the Guv from trying to stick their fingers more up our * ..which, is a good thing.. ..If each and every Product Manufacturer - hardware and software, alike - does their part, at every opportunity, and each and every new Sho Co does, as they 'learn', one-day, maybe we can 'get there' (knowledge-saturation vs ignorance-saturation, like today..) ..kind of the *opposite* of the ChOEMs / Laserw€rld philosophy... ya know - 'profitability with a conscience'.. ...Yeah, right... ..but at least, 'responsible profitability' (..at least as-to education-ops..) should-be achievable...

...it just could have been a bigger if the 'op' had-been seized, from the gate, that's all.. Karl said is best.. as-usual, I've probably 'overshared'..

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I always wondered what wuuuub wuuuub wuuub looked like.
    I und Herr Spec arr verking on süch a pvlan...

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...