Thread: a nice pair of 1W 532nm OEM lasers from Viasho

Default a nice pair of 1W 532nm OEM lasers from Viasho

Fresh in, a nice pair of 1W 532nm OEM lasers from Viasho. I don’t usually praise on first impressions but this has a certain bang for the buck factor right up front.

I must admit I was skeptical on what I would get for the price paid for these, but after seeing this nice razor sharp beam, I’m positively impressed so far, with that fuzzy warm feeling, when money was well spent. Absolutely the best beam I’ve seen coming out of a china laser.

I don’t have the equipment to accurately measure modulation response, so I’m going to do this visually when I get my EMS7000s up and running (still waiting on the PSUs!), with and without the IRISColorSafe. I even think this may be the better way to test modulation response, see how they keep up to the 60000pps of those EMS7000s. This will also be a good opportunity to see how well the IRISColorSafe works.

Some quick specs measured on this laser:

Beam profil: TEMoo
    Beam Ø @ Apertur: 2mm
    Beam Ø @ 11m: 11mm
    Beam divergence: 0.82mrad
    Max Po after 15min. 1650mW (yeah that’s right!)
    Min Po after 1h. 1580mW
    Lasing threshold on the Analog input @ 0.7V

The power graph is out of a cold start.

I’m going to measure the other one later and post results as I go along.. a quick check showed >1350mW.
    I don’t know but I think they only have class 3b laser stickers in china. Every china laser ever bought was class 3b…Hmmm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RIMG0679.jpg  

RIMG0680.jpg  

RIMG0682.jpg  

RIMG0684.jpg  

RIMG0687.jpg  

RIMG0695.jpg  

RIMG0689.jpg  

RIMG0693.jpg  

Template1.pdf  

Last edited by Solarfire; 02-25-2012 at 06:11.

Thanks for the review.

I have two units of their big brother (4W) and they are performing really good as well, even if both units don't have exactly the same beam specs : one 4.5-5mm/0.65mrad, the other 3.5-4mm/1mrad. This is a bit annoying if you use them together to do long distance projection as I did...

They look exactly the same as mine, maybe the 4W is longer (205 x 60 mm), and this is a pleasant design to my eyes. OEM driver is very nice indeed!

Only little drawback is the *very* loud fan on the bottom of the laser head, I don't know if the 1W model suffers this too...

Also, beware of the low temp shutdown protection if you use them outdoor in winter, I was surprised (as well as my customer) to see them not lasing anymore after a few time spent on cold weather

Thanks for the review.

The price we have been selling these at the moment is very good due to the special offers,

We have never had a problem with cold affecting the viasho units and have done many outdoor shows, we have had problems with other Chinese lasers being under powered until a very long warm up period,

Thanks for your custom

Andy
    AC lasers
    Authorised UK agent for Viasho lasers,
    Certified Coherent integrator and supplier,
    and providers of high quality professional laser displays and special effects
    www.ac-lasers.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by aclasers View Post
    We have never had a problem with cold affecting the viasho units and have done many outdoor shows, we have had problems with other Chinese lasers being under powered until a very long warm up period,
    I'm speaking of negative temperatures, Frank from Viasho told me the lasers are entering protection mode below 0°C and that's a normal behavior. He also told me how to easily remove the protection
    Anyway, a DPSS laser can't work well at too low temperatures (particularly without bidirectional TEC inside) so this protection is not that bad...

@sbk Yes the fans are very loud. The head size is the same as your 4W models.

The second laser is not quit up to par with the first, never the less; the specs are still good.

Beam profile: near TEMoo
    Beam Ø @ Aperture: 2.5mm
    Beam Ø @ 11m: 13mm
    Beam divergence: 0.95mrad
    Max Po after 15min. 1277mW
    Min Po after 1h. 1230mW
    Lasing threshold on the Analog input @ 0.5V

The power graph is out of a cold start.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RIMG0698.jpg  

RIMG0699.jpg  

Template2.pdf  

Last edited by Solarfire; 02-25-2012 at 06:13.