Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new 1.2Watt toy from Viasho Laser (Update with more pic.)

Dont get a Chinese power meter.

Get something like a coherent laser check, its bound to be a lot more accurate
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Default power meters

Not to mention the fact that they're only $330 if you order one from Edmund Scientific. (That's where I bought mine 2 years ago, and I'm fairly certain the price hasn't changed.) Why buy a chinese import if you can get the real deal for less?

You may be able to find them a tad cheaper from other vendors, but apart from used meters on E-bay I've never seen them less than $299. (This is for the Coherent Lasercheck wand.)

I agree that a power meter is a MUST in this hobby. You really can't tell how much power the laser is making just by trying to compare beams with your eyes. Yeah, they're expensive and all, but so is evertyhing else in this hobby. The lasercheck wand is a great unit to start with. It's a lot less expensive than the larger units, yet it's quite accurate up to around 3 watts.

Trust the people above that recommend purchasing a power meter. It made a big difference for me!

Adam

Liteglow: If you have a 50/50 beam splitter and an IR filter I will loan you a Coherent lasercheck for a week or so.

A Lasercheck is good to 1W, the beam splitter would just help bring the laser way below that threashold *assuming* its 1.2W

Basically just take the reading on the screen and multiply by two.

I'll look around here for the beamsplitter and IR filter, but I am pretty sure I dont have any left.

Robert;

I swear I thought I remembered my lasercheck wand being good for up to 3 watts, but I could be mistaken. (I'm at work right now and can't check to be sure.) I do see that the current units that Edmund Scientific has listed on their website are only good up to a watt, so maybe I'm just remembering wrong...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Robert;

I swear I thought I remembered my lasercheck wand being good for up to 3 watts, but I could be mistaken. (I'm at work right now and can't check to be sure.) I do see that the current units that Edmund Scientific has listed on their website are only good up to a watt, so maybe I'm just remembering wrong...

Adam
    Adam where did you get your lasercheck?

Adam where did you get your lasercheck?
    Evolve... See my post above yours where I said:

"Not to mention the fact that they're only $330 if you order one from Edmund Scientific. (That's where I bought mine 2 years ago, and I'm fairly certain the price hasn't changed.)"

So, yeah, Edmund Scientific then.

Adam

Default ADDED MORE INDOOR PHOTOS !!

Ok boys and girls that think that this is only 500mW !!
    Here is some new indoor photos !!
    (Some photos is taken WITH flash, the room is LIGHT, and there is NO FOG and NO SMOKE in the house)

Here is a 240mW vs. the 1.2 Watt laser from Viasho

240mW vs the 1.2Watt

Do you se the other laser on the right ?? it`s there...

Skyline pictures of both lasers in the snow

Becouse of the fat beam of the 240mW it`s more visible at close distance..
    But the 1.2 Watt laser is thinner and can be seen at a longer distance..

500mw max!!! hehehe kidding!

Those pictures do look better. So try and make some comparisons on what I have provided you.

Below are pictures of a 1 watt analog CNI laser producing 1054.4 mw at 4.54 volts and a 200mw lambda pro ttl unit producing 210.1 mw. Both of these power ratings are current as of today.

There is no smoke at all in these pictures. I even waiting to have a cigarette before i took them

Just the laser by itself in a well lit house

Lasers side by side 1 watt on left and 200mw on right

And the laser lights a match video since I didnt have enough time to take a picture of the match head with a beam on it

Please right click the link below and save as
    http://www.dreambeamz.com/pic/MOV02213.MPG

Really do keep in mind, this is not a contest. I am not trying to say mine is bigger than yours and really every camera is different when it comes to getting laser beams. But I am trying to encourage the purchase of a laser check or like device. Trust me, before I had one I got ripped off left and right. The pictures you posted above still have me doubting that it is a 1.2 watt which worries me because I was planning on buying one from them

After seem your pics of your 1Watt.. I really dont think there is any diffrence from my pics :roll:

But yes it`s hard to know the output mW just by feel it on my hand and see it in the sky
    But I really do think that is`s the power they say...

Cheers...