Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neo-neon laser leviathan lv2

Most of the people here are pros and serious hobbyist. We REALLY love lasers. I think that makes a difference in a community.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Hello Fella thanks for that ...what am I asking to purchase??
    Everything you say seems to be what I have hear so maybe that my raod to go down ...would help if I know your equip.details any chance you can PM me on here or even email??
    Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    Hi Omenman,
    I have an ex NeoNeon FB3 which was running Cypher Lite/Cypher LivePro
    Do you have the software installed on your laptop (including the FB3 driver)?
    If memory serves me right, in order to run, the software reads the licence from a bitmap unique to the FB3.
    As NeoNeon held a separate licence agreement with Pangolin to produce FB3’s and CypherLite/CypherLivePro, if you want to use it with QuickShow you’ll need to purchase an additional licence direct from Pango.

Mark's suggestion's the right way to go

Cheers
    Ad

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leviathan.PNG 
Views:	32 
Size:	440.2 KB 
ID:	30939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	30940Click image for larger version. 

ID:	30940

If you don't mind chucking a bit of money at it, I would suggest that you talk to Pangolin and see if you can't remove the flashback from the NeoLaser box... The errors could well be down to the FB3 not receiving the correct voltage it is so fussy about... It's quite easy to remove...

The bit that costs the money is getting a QuickShow license, but worth every penny spent...

CypherLite is NeoLasers branded version of Pangolin LiveQuick which allows basic cue creation and playback...
    Cypher LivePRO is their branded version of Pangolin LivePRO which is the professional live playback software which also allows you to animate frames built in LiveQuick or other Pangolin software
    QuickShow is Pangolins latest edition, which allows full cue creation, timeline show creation and live playback, so it's far more integrated though not as advanced or complicated as LivePRO...

So, if you get the Flashback 3 out of the NeoLaser box, feed it 5.5volts off an SMPS and then get a QuickShow license which I am sure Pangolin will help you with, you're golden...

An example of NeoLasers dodgy electronics can be seen here in your pic... The ILDA input is female which is wrong... It basically means that signal voltages fed to it are coming out of pins on your 25pin cable, touch that cable on a bit of trussing and short a couple of pins while it is live and it can damage the FB3... It's a bit like having mains pins sticking out your walls instead of sockets

Quote Originally Posted by OMENMAN View Post

ID:	30940
    Cheers
    Mark

MARK,
    You are becoming such a valuable friend on here with the help you giving me
    I am a qualified electrician so I am understanding you ..however I am green ( pardon the pun) to lasers
    Understanding what I should in removing the flashback am not quite sure?
    Do you mean form the controller or the actual laser itself?
    I am willing to learn and even do the work as long as I know exactly what I am doing as I am in the sticks of NE Scotland here (no lasers techs in fact no anything like this)
    So if you dont mind I would like you to work with me on this to get it rectified
    I am gratefully humbled
    AndyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	60217_434337252033_613237033_5250542_2885202_n.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	30941

Hey Andy

Here's my experience with NeoLaser...

I bought the Remote Desktop (I think that is what they call it) and they heavily advertised it as a Pangolin box... So, when I got it I had similar problems to you, it kept dropping out, claiming no driver and so on... I got in touch with Pangolin, and they basically told me that they sell the Flashback 3 boards to Neo as an OEM... I sent them the remote box and they did some testing which led to them going to Neo and advising them, as the electronics were so bad... If I remember rightly, the Flashback was on a 5.5v rail but this rail was shared by the digital readout etc, so the Flashback was never guaranteed to get the full 5.5v (Don't quote me, I'm an electronics numpty)... It ended up that a distributor sent it back to NeoLaser to be rewired as per Pangolins new instructions... By the time I got it back I had upgraded to QM2000's and promptly sold the box on, the buyer had a whole bunch of problems with it too and he again sold it on

If you open the box up, you will see the Flashback sitting just below the readout... It is on circuit boards with red headers about the size of a credit card, all the other electronics connect with molex connectors, so it's easy to remove... I reckon if you do that and feed it a steady 5.5v, it'll be ok... Of course I could be wrong, which is where Pangolin are your best bet...

Name:	2009_0.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	30942

Another thing to check is the XD card in the front... This feeds into the Flashback and if I remember rightly, it goes in upside down and not as you would expect it, so try taking that out, flipping it over and see if it works...

Hope that helps in some way, but like I say once you get hold of Pangolin, they will have it sorted very quickly, their support is second to none...

By the way, don't be disheartened by all of this, their desktop box is pretty crap, but the projector is very good with the exception of the ILDA port As far as I remember from looking in them before, all the optics are sealed in a metal box inside the casing and the scansets are sealed with AR Glass and done very nicely too... If you open the projector, you will see signal wires between the scanners and driver boards, you might want to check nothing has moved and is causing interference...

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by Insanity; 03-08-2012 at 05:03.

RIGHT GUYS...its been a long long time...
    I opened up the LASER the DMX wires were bare and one or two were hanging off...
    I re soldered and rewired the "stretched" cables and the squiggles have stopped and the laser works in Standalone mode with awesome displays ( in my minds eye)
    Now all I need to do is be able to be programmed via a laptop for it to do what " i " want it to do simple stuff really tho so what should I now purchase, from where, and not to expensive !!!

PM sent

Default ilda

would the use of a db25 'gender changer' help?

has female on one end and male on the other
    very useful when you get long free printer cables with same at both ends.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-