Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neo-neon laser leviathan lv2

Laser Warning Neo-neon laser leviathan lv2

Hello
    I bought this laser from Ebay
    Had it running in "standalone" mode last night and it was awesome !!
    Today I have turned it on and the lines are all squiggly ?
    Can anyone help?
    I also have an issue with the control box and CD rom
    I get a message on my laptop when all is linked up via Cyhper Lite program (has to be)
    FLASHBACK 3 DRIVER NOT FOUND
    Any help would be appreciated
    Please feel free to email me ONLY IF YOU KNOW what you are talking about
    Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails leviathan.PNG  

Last edited by OMENMAN; 03-07-2012 at 04:01. Reason: more pics

The squiggly lines are probably coming from that remote desktop control box you have there... I had one of these and Pangolin had a good look at it for me. It contains a Pangolin Flashback 3 card and a load of supplementary electronics provided by Neo Laser... Those boxes are renowned for being useless, if I were you I would get the Flashback out of the box and away from their electronics, when Pangolin looked at mine they found all manner of feedback and general bad electronics in there...

You can get a Flashback 3 driver from here: http://www.pangolin.com/UpdateFiles.htm

Edit: The Flashback 3 is not useless, very good it of kit, but that desktop box it is in ruins it...

Another thing, the Flashback 3 is very fussy about how many volts you feed it, 5.5v from memory... My Neo Laser box wasn't feeding it a steady 5.5v, so it kept crashing the software...

Cheers
    Mark

Laser Warning

Hello Mark,
    The squiggly lines appear when the controller is NOT connected
    I have the other day however already tried downloading the Flashback3 from that site and its not having it ?
    Cheers for the "useless" comment LOL ...
    Any suggestions what now to use? where to obtain?
    Last edited by OMENMAN; 03-07-2012 at 04:29. Reason: bad spelling

Some photo's of what you are seeing and the back panel of the projector might help, I think most Neo-Laser units have a built in Flashback... Squiggly lines are usually caused by electrical interference on the scanner signals or thin mirrors flexing at high speeds, or scanners in need of tuning...

For the Flashback driver, it may be that Neo Laser requires a modified version of the original FB3 driver... I don't think Neo-Laser exist any more as such, they were a branch of Neo-Neon: http://www.neo-neon.com/home.php... I would try contacting Pangolin in the first instance: email: contact AT pangolin DOT com

You could also try these people who are UK distributors for Neo-Laser: http://www.lasereffects.co.uk/products.htm#type1

Cheers
    Mark

ok Mark I will get back to you on the pics
    Hey thanks bud !!

Hi Omenman,
    I have an ex NeoNeon FB3 which was running Cypher Lite/Cypher LivePro
    Do you have the software installed on your laptop (including the FB3 driver)?
    If memory serves me right, in order to run, the software reads the licence from a bitmap unique to the FB3.
    As NeoNeon held a separate licence agreement with Pangolin to produce FB3’s and CypherLite/CypherLivePro, if you want to use it with QuickShow you’ll need to purchase an additional licence direct from Pango.

Mark's suggestion's the right way to go

Cheers
    Ad
    Last edited by RGbee; 03-07-2012 at 05:06. Reason: shocking grammar

When I bought this it came with a controller and a CDrom(copied version) on it there are loads of files, workplaces, usb, drivers etc etc I have tried for hours days even nothing seems to work?
    I get the worplace pages etc but it says LASER OFF LINE no matter what I try to click on set up or whatever nothing happens other than this FLASHBACK 3 DRIVER NOT FOUND.
    Been on downlaod sites download various FLASHBACK3 drivers but when I look in my DEVICE MANAGER they are there but out of date and wont let me update them.
    I have emailed over 20 techs and nobody is getting back ...Its so frustrating
    I mean in standalone mode (not connected to anything) its awesome like ...but now thats gone all squiggly on me???

PS ...Who at PANGALON do I contact??

http://www.pangolin.com/contact

Use the form there. Anyone on the list should suffice, but William (Bill) Benner is a rockstar with troubleshooting and customer service. He will get back to you pretty fast.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    http://www.pangolin.com/contact

Use the form there. Anyone on the list should suffice, but William (Bill) Benner is a rockstar with troubleshooting and customer service. He will get back to you pretty fast.
    Cheers for that I have emailed him ...fingers crossed ..
    and WOW this is an awesome forum for help not like some of the others I have been on!!!