Thread: facebook troubles

Default facebook troubles

not really laser, but for me it is laser related
    I have/had facebook for years where I use it for browsing groups and posting just when I need to.
    So I am not a very active person on facebook.
    But it allows me to follow the market, check out when there's a lem, keep in touch with people etc...

Some weeks ago I got locked out by facebook. something must have happened.
    I had to prove who I was. So I did.
    Or better, so I tried to do. Using (my decent) phone I could not get a decent photo from my ID. Facebook took a photo each time it thought it was in focus.
    It never was
    After like 50 times I got a message thjat I needed to wait a week or so to upload my ID again.
    So I did. a week later I uploaded a photo of my ID using my desktop and hurray, it worked.
    A day later I got a nice mail to tell me that my id was approved. Yess.
    But no...
    When logging in I got a message that again I needed to prove my identity!
    And I again face the problem that I cannot upload anything anymore.....

I searched the entire internet ( and that is a big place!) to get any contact info I could find for facebook.
    I did not find any working email address or phone number to receive help.

Anyone here who can give me a pointer what to do next?
    Anyone who had a friend/brother/sister/... working at facebook who could help me?
    Trying to create a good diode mount....

I have no idea if this is still effective.

https://m.slashdot.org/story/388561

Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

That's expensive support that way...

Quote Originally Posted by jeejeedr View Post
    not really laser, but for me it is laser related
    I have/had facebook for years where I use it for browsing groups and posting just when I need to.
    So I am not a very active person on facebook.
    But it allows me to follow the market, check out when there's a lem, keep in touch with people etc...

Some weeks ago I got locked out by facebook. something must have happened.
    I had to prove who I was. So I did.
    Or better, so I tried to do. Using (my decent) phone I could not get a decent photo from my ID. Facebook took a photo each time it thought it was in focus.
    It never was
    After like 50 times I got a message thjat I needed to wait a week or so to upload my ID again.
    So I did. a week later I uploaded a photo of my ID using my desktop and hurray, it worked.
    A day later I got a nice mail to tell me that my id was approved. Yess.
    But no...
    When logging in I got a message that again I needed to prove my identity!
    And I again face the problem that I cannot upload anything anymore.....

I searched the entire internet ( and that is a big place!) to get any contact info I could find for facebook.
    I did not find any working email address or phone number to receive help.

Anyone here who can give me a pointer what to do next?
    Anyone who had a friend/brother/sister/... working at facebook who could help me?
    Sounds like a good reason to avoid FB. I swore of it 7 or 8 years ago after closely reading their user agreement. Believe me, they are getting far more from you than you are from them.

I've noticed a trend with many Internet tech companies that seems to support that fact that allowing customers to contact them...increases their costs and cuts into their profits.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Sounds like a good reason to avoid FB. I swore of it 7 or 8 years ago after closely reading their user agreement. Believe me, they are getting far more from you than you are from them.

I've noticed a trend with many Internet tech companies that seems to support that fact that allowing customers to contact them...increases their costs and cuts into their profits.
    I realize how much they get from me. I download the GDPR data from time to time to see what they have on me. And it is indeed a lot.

But I can live with how much data they have on me. If I compare it to what google knows about me it is still reasonable.

Anyway, despite the privacy issues I would still have my account back. Connected to several deceased friends for instance. All the groups on facebook, ...

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but at least it's a place to start:

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Facebook

Usually gethuman.com is able to provide real phone numbers for support for most companies.

Good luck.