Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Noob Advice

Ya Im not a purist of lasers, only because I don't know much about them , I'm a music purist , and I like to think I'm the same way about lights too I research my products throughly before I buy them and I spend time learning how to operate them correctly and build quality shows, but... really like you said I'm a DJ lol Don't get me wrong I LOVE playing with my lights and I enjoy setting them up and running them for money, but really i'm looking for exactly what you said a WOW factor to add to my rig as a centerpiece because I HATE moon flowers and all the other cheap dmx crap. Honestly I THINK there is only one other guy in town with an RGB laser I couldn't tell you what type it is because I haven't talked to him in almost a year but the only lasers I see at bars or parties are the chauvet and ADJ ones that do the twinkle star effect or the liquid water type effect. So I think I'll give the x laser a shot and if it turns out to be not to my liking i'll sell it and get something different

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

When the bug hits.... it hits hard... even once you have the X-Laser, you won't be done. LOL

O ya no way lol I'm like that with all my gear tho , always new toys to add to the wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    When the bug hits.... it hits hard... even once you have the X-Laser, you won't be done. LOL
    That's why I still think he'd be better off with analogue. Once he sees analogue, he's not going to want TTL and that then means a whole new laser.

You can run analogue as TTL in the software but not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Just for shits and giggles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcngdyOeyg8

This is in my ballroom from about 75 feet away. The center is 3 watts. The lower right is a 2.4, the lower left is 1/2 watt. The furthest out are each around 450-650 mW. This is set up for non-US allowable viewing by the public but there is another version on Youtube that is set up how it should be "legally".

Very Nice! , i like multiple RGB laser setups...
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    I would not want to suffer with 15K scanners, especially if you ever need to open up the angle.

There is a angle vs speed tradeoff that must be considered.
    30K = better in that regard.
    15K = flicker city.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MistrMackey View Post
    budget around 2500$ I'd consider building one but I don't really know the first thing about it
    If you are new to lasers, don't build if you are on a budget. While building may be cheaper for experienced guys, it is not for a beginner. You will spend more on trying to find the right stuff and from whom only to find out that you needed a thingamajig instead of a whosi-whatsit. That is where it gets exoensive. I would have saved myself a TON if I had just built mine differently to begin with. After it is all put together, THEN you need to file for a variance and if it is not built to specific safety specifications.... more money is needed to make it so! So, for a beginner, buy a pre-built and safety certified projector. Then you can learn how it works and build your own in the future because, you WILL want more! :P Lasers are dangerous to pocketbooks as well as eyes!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    STEVE!!!! OMG, STEVE, YOU DID IT, MAN, YOU DID IT!! YOU *QUOTED*!!! Hey Everybody, lookie here! Mark the Date, ring the bells...Sir mixedgas *finally* Quoted!! ..'this is one small step for man'...

Congrats, Sir...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I would not want to suffer with 15K scanners, especially if you ever need to open up the angle.

There is a angle vs speed tradeoff that must be considered.
    30K = better in that regard.
    15K = flicker city.
    Steve
    Even 20Ks are not worth it. Especially if big mirrors are needed to accomodate big beams. Like with analog, best to go with what is better, though it seems expensive right from the start, you save in the long run. It is best to buy the good stuff instead of wasting money on the mediocre stuff and THEN buying the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    steve!!!! Omg, steve, you did it, man, you did it!! You *quoted*!!! hey everybody, lookie here! Mark the date, ring the bells...sir mixedgas *finally* quoted!! ..'this is one small step for man'...

congrats, sir...
    j
    bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!