Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob Advice

Default Noob Advice

Hey guys I've been skimming through this forum for a little while now mainly doing research. I'm an American promoter and a mobile dj and have absolutely NO experience what so ever with lasers. However I have a light rig that I've been working with for over a year now and have the programming and dmx stuff down so I think I'm ready to move on to something a little more advanced. I'm currently in the market for an RGB animation laser. I've read a lot of bad reviews about cheap Asian products and I def want to get something that's quality. Right now my events are pretty small around 400 to 500 people MAX so I really just want to by one unit and start out with that and maybe add another later down the line. If you guys could point me in the right direction of a few quality companies I'd really appreciate it , I'm looking for 500mw to 1w thanks

Also so far the companies I've looked at are X-Laser LaserFanatics and EELIGHT

CT. Lasers

http://www.ctlasers.com

shameless self promotion.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thanks Marc lol I've been there and the KVANT laser looks super dope! but sadly about 3K$ over my budget at the moment

Are you looking to build? or buy a turn key system? What is your budget? (Can PM me if you want).

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

budget around 2500$ I'd consider building one but I don't really know the first thing about it

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I should stay out of it but, with your budget, I think X-Laser is really your best bet. I know both CT Lasers as well as X-Laser and you won't go wrong with either one but, Marc is primarily a custom builder, a little higher end and often built to your specs whereas X-Laser is more tailored in their product line to the mobile DJ like yourself. Plus they have a great system to get your variance which is something you will need in the US. That being said, Marc may very well have or, have a lead on a suitable used piece of equipment so, I'll let him consult on that. You're going to end up owning more than one anyway so, start with an X-Laser and then, when you've reach the "money be damned" point, talk to Marc. LOL

HAHA your probably right Brad thanks for the advice.

If you're after an animation laser, make sure you get good 30K+ scanners whatever you buy as most animations are optimised for 30K scanners and the lower you go in speed the more flicker you'll suffer.

Thanks for the advice White-Light. Well I have come to conclusion that I'm not going to find a 1w rgb animation for under $5k lol but alas I will make sacrifices. RGB and brightness are at the top of my list animation is a close third because I don't have any experience with laser programming I'm looking at the Mobile Beat mk4 but it only has 15k scanners ... the other option is to go to the skywriter but it isn't as bright..