Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ML501P73-2, a capless 638nm 5.6mm 500mW Red Laser Diode - Test results.

Default MORE Stupid BEAM humor !!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails granpa_herman_lab 5.jpg  

Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

I think until the Kiyoukan correction optics GB is fulfilled, or other correction optics are picked up by the experimenters, this topic will just be conjecture.

Fingers crossed we get some progress on that GB this week, as was suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    I must update my yahoo status to Currently Grinning.
    that's good enough for me andy

needless to say, keep us posted please!!!
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    I must update my yahoo status to Currently Grinning.
    Andy.....Mmmmm????? While I respect that you have..more than once ...."lead the pack " on optical directions to pursue concerning the Mitsui Multi-Mode Red Devils from Hell......it would sure be good to ante up a few more details !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmmm ??? Yikes !!! I GRIN when I break wind !!!! BEAM
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Just curious, Andy.. why would a grin lens be better than, say, Dave's 2mm lens? An aspheric collimator and a gradient indexer have different properties, yes, but why do you prefer the latter? Focal length? Please enlighten us .. :] Thx !
    -PS- Have you done experimenting and have some astounding results?? (We all hope ) ??

Default Astounding Results !!!

I just could NOT resist !!!!As Andy is English.....he will appreciate the term..." Puff a Dart " !!!!! BEAM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dog Grin 4.jpg  

Last edited by CDBEAM; 05-10-2012 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    I just could NOT resist !!!!As Andy is English.....he will appreciate the term..." Puff a Dart " !!!!! BEAM

You yanks!!!, you do not know that we are not English, we are British and speak English.

Andy.....Mmmmm????? While I respect that you have..more than once ...."lead the pack " on optical directions to pursue concerning the Mitsui Multi-Mode Red Devils from Hell......it would sure be good to ante up a few more details !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmmm ??? Yikes !!! I GRIN when I break wind !!!! BEAM
    Hardly call it leading, just being involved is more correct.

Am I coming up with a solution? Well I am working on something, working on a few things the same time and waiting for some deliveries that should open up some doors for the 500mW.

I do indeed have a beautiful beam from the 300mW version but dont ask for photos because am working now on 9mm 445's for another project.

Be interesting to see what happens with The GB for the 300mW, they wont do much for the 500 so no point counting on those to do it.

@Steve, am too busy to go into technical details right now.

Default Those silly yanks !!!

Yes....well ...The designation " English" does NOT mean "British" !!! I was bemused by this conundrum....and therefore consulted with the head Linguist at Terrawatt Labs...Yes...." Professor Pufindart" !!!

He sez...Check out this website !!! http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?BritishVsEnglish

So...to address someone from the UK as " English"....may cheese them off ??? Yikes...live and learn !!

BEAM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Professor Pufindart 5.jpg  

Last edited by CDBEAM; 05-11-2012 at 17:37.

Yep us seppos r really ignoranuses innit .. ;]

Yes....well ...The designation " English" does NOT mean "British" !!! I was bemused by this conundrum....and therefore consulted with the head Linguist at Terrawatt Labs...Yes...." Professor Pufindart" !!!

He sez...Check out this website !!! http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?BritishVsEnglish

So...to address someone from the UK as " English"....may cheese them off ??? Yikes...live and learn !!

BEAM
    Hahaha, nice. Its actually quite funny when people say to me in Romania " Am I English and I always reply NO, I am British ".

You are American, do you write "I speak American or English", ah!!! you buggers stole our language or did we steel yours, that is a question )). That would make historical interesting reading.

photonlanguageicon.

Anyway. that was a little fun to read this morning.