Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Eliezer From Artlaser Technology Co., Ltd

10/4... Sounds like your mom lives very close to me. I'm about 1/2 way between Ocala and Orlando.
    Allthatwhichis, you must live pretty close to where I was. I lived in Clermont for about 4 years. Was a nice area and has grown quite a bit. I'm up in Jacksonville now, my real job brought my back here!

David

Quote Originally Posted by DZurcher
    10/4... Sounds like your mom lives very close to me. I'm about 1/2 way between Ocala and Orlando.
    Allthatwhichis, you must live pretty close to where I was. I lived in Clermont for about 4 years. Was a nice area and has grown quite a bit. I'm up in Jacksonville now, my real job brought my back here!

David
    I'm in Eustis now, but once live... heh, in a trailer park for employees, my dad, in the rear of a state prison I consider in Minneola... I was in third grade and could see a gaurd tower from my bedroom window.

:idea: With all the Florida people, I'm startin to think S.E.L.E.M should be in Florida... My parents have a house in the Ocala forest, not sure about board and stuff. Might be interesting to have everyone bring a projector... A civic center around here might be cheap.

With all the Florida people, I'm startin to think S.E.L.E.M should be in Florida
    Ha! Florida Laser Enthusiast FLE! or Florida Laser Enthusiast Meeting FLEM!

David

Florida is an option for S.E.L.E.M. So is Charlotte, NC. Heck, last year I was seriously thinking about trying to set it up for Charleston, SC! (We have the venues, and some of them even had 3 phase power, but by the time I got serious about looking at places other than Atlanta, GA, it was too late to do much of anything.)

Orlando would be a good choice, as it's a major hub for air travel. Jacksonville wouldn't be too bad either. Not too sure if Ocala would work - probably would save some money on the conference hall but spend a lot more on air fare. How many people would want to drive to this vs flying? (I'm going to be driving...)

There are some options in North Carolina that are *very* economical (I talked with DreamBeamz about this last summer), and there may be other cities that we haven't yet considered. I'd like to keep it as central as possible, though, even if it means that some of us (like Robert, George, and I) have to drive/fly longer to get there. For example, Atlanta is about 5-6 hours drive from my house, where as Orlando would be closer to 7 hours, but I'm willing to do either one - just so long as we actually manage to HAVE the meeting this year!

On the other hand, I travel to Florida about once every three months or so. (My Mom lives in Tavares.) On one of those trips, I wouldn't mind driving a few more hours to get together with a few Florida Laser Geeks! (In fact, the last time I was in Florida I took a day and drove to Astroguy's place in Royal Palm Beach... We had a blast!) So we might want to think about an informal get-together in the early spring... Sort of a "jump-start" meeting before S.E.L.E.M.

Whacha think guys?

Adam

I'm game.

Jax would be great, but thats just because I live here. I don't mind driving to anywhere in the southeast. I wouldn't fly though, couldn't imagine checking my projector with the luggage! You know, I have a few hotels around here that I work with from time to time. Perhaps next time I will ask what it would take to rent a conf room for a day if there would be enough people interested to justify needing a conf room. It also make me wonder what the folks at the local planetarium would think. My old boss isn't there anymore, though I do know the current manager quite well. Just a thought.

David

I can't drive there for obvious reasons (the Atlantic Ocean being the biggest one :lol

Maybe me and my family will arrange a holiday in the states to coincide with the meeting.

It will be a great way of killing two birds with one stone (as the eunuch said to the prostitutes).

It doesn't really matter where it is as I'm sure the wife and kids would enjoy a treat, it will be different than Spain after all.

Jim

Default Yes, Some lasers have no filters

Yes, all of us should be careful before purchasing a laser system or DPSS laser from China.
    Some Chinese suppliers of DPSS laser do not fix IR filters or fix a feigned IR filters on their DPSS laser, especially on 473nm blue and green DPSS laser. So, some lasershow system is not real output power, some because of bad laser with no filters, or some suppliers of lasershow systems speak a wash/higher power when they sell lasershow systems.

For blue lasers, if there is no filters, power will be 70% to 100% higher than real, a real 50mw blue laser is about 100mw or higher before it is fixed filters.
    I bought ever 100mw and 200mw 473nm laser from China, price is low of course, but after I fixed fitlers, the real power was just 50mw, 100mw. Before I decided to purchase, the seller sent me a photo on which there is a lasermeter that showed power of 200mw, but after I received the lasers and test with filters, I got understand, the lasermeter has no filter either. so, the data on photo was not true. the matter is still under waiting, they said they have no 200mw in stock to replace, I think they at all have no real blue laser. I will return it.

For green laser, if there is no filters, the power is higher too. a 500mw is actually 400mw real after filter.
    so all here friends should make it clear the laser has filters before purchase, and we should test the lasers with a special filter for blue/green in front of the laser, then by a professional lasermeter, because some suppliers fix feigned filter, especially blue laser.

Good luch, friends