Thread: Trade up

Default Trade up

Who would like to do a trade up for Laser Shows to Songs? I'll trade 1:1 or a brain storm I came up with last night. Make a ftp server everybody upload 1 track and we can all download each others.

Not sure i understand?? Trade Finished laser show songs? If this is right, then what format? How will the compatibility work with all the different users?
    Seems as if we will run into similar problems as we had with the community song project.. Let us know more details.. Thanks!
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Just render the show as a ILD. file and I think most users can use them

Well I mean a single song show. I think the poll said 1/2 of us use mamba. As far as I know even Mamba Exports ILD files fine. I think this would work a little easier than a community song. Even if we make different folder for Pangolin, Mamba, and ILD.

Carey,

Re: Exporting shows... I was the one that originally reported on the timing problems with Mamba when exporting an entire show to ILDA. I've been working with Fred (Astroguy) on a few projects, trying to make everything work correctly. We *THINK* we've solved the problem, at least for short shows (3-4 minutes). If so, then my earlier objections are void.

We're not yet certain about longer shows though. Fred was working on a long show (over 12 minutes) and noticed that towards the end the timing was all hosed up. But this may have been caused by WINAMP and not Mamba. We're still working on it. (Should have an answer soon...)

DJDevNull,

The show exchange idea isn't such a bad thought... I think with a little more practice we ought to be able to export shows straight to ILDA so that anyone can use them. But then again, the original "laser jam" idea with multiple people contributing to a single show is sort of cool too.

I suppose it all boils down to how much custom artwork a person plans to add to a show. (It's one thing to build a show from existing files, but quite another to create an entire show from scratch with custom frames...) I don't know if everyone here has the time to hand-draw all the frames needed for a custom show. (In fact, some members here have complained in the past that they don't even have time to cut-and-paste a show together from the existing ILDA files they've already got!) I can sympathize with both points of view.

If Thomas is willing to keep the FTP server up for an extended period of time, we might want to consider some sort of a swap system. Though personally, I plan on giving away any shows that I work on. I'm a big believer in public domain content... (It's a throwback to my Amiga days!) But before I can really get to work putting together any shows, I need to iron out a few details with Mamba. (Then too, I need to UPGRADE to Mamba Black as soon as possible... I forgot that Mamba 2004 doesn't support sync to music, which is a HUGE limitation!) I promised Fred that I'd finish the GFX show for the song "Hit That" by The Offspring. After that I'll probably get to work on "Tough Enough" by the Fabulous Thunderbirds... But

i like this,but when will have the ftp url??