Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: creating a moving circle cue in Beyond.

Default creating a moving circle cue in Beyond.

Hi Guys,

You know that moment that just a day before building up a show you realize you need a laser cue and you completely lost how to do stuff in Beyond ?
    Well... i have.

I am doing a Pink Floyd tribute band show and want to do it in Beyond this time.
    Last time we used LivePro, but since i really suck in Live Pro and don't use it often enough i have to make all cues and stuff again.
    McCarrot and SrS helped me do that show and it was excellent, the people were impressed, band was really happy.
    McCarrot did an excellent job, but uses LivePro a lot more than me, so i am worried to screw things up if i forget to press a small triangle shaped icon to get output and stuff.

In the song Sorrow, the is a middle part were a circle is just moving from left to right.
    I tried with PJ yesterday via timeline, but i thought it could be done easier by making a new shape.
    Experimented some, but had to use bounce but i want an evenly motion.

And then it would be great to have the same circle but then also rotating and made of dots (i know how to make the circle dotted and rotate effect can be applied) So this i can do if i know how to make the circle move from left to right. But without bounce. But when i use pingpong the circle just moves from left to right.

Furthermore i want to know if someone can help me create a cue consisting of 2 dots that circle around each other, or basically 2 dots spread 180 degrees from eachother that both circle the outline of a circle (so you end up with 2 static beams that circle around eachother).

I found that from the Static beams tab below i can position all the static beams on my mirrors and appoint them each a QM (i will be using 3QMs) and save those to the current selected cue. Handy feature and thanks francesco for the explanation at PLS about the routing part.

Hopefully someone can be of help and explain to me how to do this (either one or both effects).

I will start creating the workspace tonight with all the cues for each song, so can load it up and press the buttons at the right time.
    In the mean time i will check the forum to see if someone posts something ;-)

Thanks guys, in the end all will be fine, but i am nervous as hell right now. Took the whole day off tomorrow for transporting all the stuff and build up. friday is show day (today news reached me 1700 tickets already sold.... so there are enough people to see me screw up...eh do a nice show). The day after is a dance party with artists like Captain Jack, Party Animals, 2 Brothers on the 4th Floor and the Venga Boys. I will do that do and expect even more people to show up.
    So that's cool and for that i am not worried, but i am mean, Pink Floyd tribute, mother of God, hey it has to be good right ?
    That does make me nervous.

thanks in advance people, now i will go eat some and continue.
    hope to read lots of replies !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

I'm sure I can help.

What colours do you want the circle?

I'll see if I can take a stab at them later also; just so you have options. The two static beams going round sound like fun.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

wow guys, thanks so much!
    I want the circles to be green.
    Or red. So i can send the greens to the green/blues and the red circle to my rgb.

Also looking forward to Allthatwhich's ideas. If you go to youtube and look for Sorrow by Pink floyd from the pulse tour, you see the circles in the middle part.
    I didn't fail !

Try these Dimitri:

Attachment Removed to be re-done.

Al.

Consists of:

1 green and red cone left to right (no ping pong with no rotation)

1 green and red cone made of beams left to right with rotation (no ping pong)

2 green beams that trace out a circle by running around the invisible circumference in opposite directions
    Last edited by White-Light; 04-04-2012 at 12:05.

Sorry since english is not my native language i see how i was unclear.
    By 1 green 1 red i meant 1 cue that had a red circle and another cue that had a green circle. Sorry

And by moving from left to right i did mean to and from so from left to right and back.
    And that the circles start touching the left handside of the screen and move and touch the right side of the screen, not roll of completely.

COuld the beams in the 3rd cue also go in the same direction, so 2 dots that are "chasing" eachother around the circle ?

And could all the circles be smaller (like the half of what it's now).

Sorry i was so unclear, hope you can help me out. the cues look great. But can you all make them green and red (not in 1 cue, but 2).
    This way i can easily assign them., Will make pictures of the cues (i will be in foh, so there will be stage, lots of people and then us in the FOH) and send them.

Also if you can tell me how to do stuff i can learn from it (although under the time pressure i am now, i really appreciate the cues very, very much).
    I didn't fail !

I think I understand and can do what you ask but I've got to go out now for a couple of hours. I'll make some adjustments later.

Just to be absolutely clear, what you want is:

All cones 50% of the size of the current cues

1 cone - no rotation, green, moves to the edge of the screen and back in the X axis

1 cone - beams (dots), red, moves to the edge of the screen and back in the X axis and beams rotate whilst doing so

2 beams chasing each other the same way around a circle in red or green?

Hi Al, Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I think I understand and can do what you ask but I've got to go out now for a couple of hours. I'll make some adjustments later.

Just to be absolutely clear, what you want is:

All cones 50% of the size of the current cues
    Correct !

1 cone - no rotation, green, moves to the edge of the screen and back in the X axis
    True, but if possible also in red. So what you describe and then 1 cue green, 1 red.

1 cone - beams (dots), red, moves to the edge of the screen and back in the X axis and beams rotate whilst doing so
    This one also in Red and green.

2 beams chasing each other the same way around a circle in red or green?
    And again (sorry) also in red and in green. If not possible only in green.

If you could make me 2 dots moving along X-axis in opposite directions that would be ace.
    But only if this is not too much too ask. so one dot starts on the left side, moves towards the right side and back.
    And simultaneously one dot starts on the right, moves to left and back. So these move towards eachother, meet in the middle and then move away from eachother. Contineously. Just along the x-Axis in the middle of the screen. But again only if its not too much of a hassle.
    But that would be sooooo cool.

I have made all the notations of all the songs with lasers in them, so i know what cue to start when.
    I didn't fail !

Ok Dimitri I've made you 10 cues total.

Dimitri Cues.zip

These are as follows:

1 green cone left to right on screen at 50% previous size (smooth oscillation with no rotation)

1 red cone left to right on screen at 50% previous size (smooth oscillation with no rotation)

1 green cone made of beams left to right on screen at 50% previous size with rotation (smooth oscillation )

1 red cone made of beams left to right on screen at 50% previous size with rotation (smooth oscillation )

1x 2 point green beams that trace out a circle by running around the invisible circumference in same direction

1 x 2 point red beams that trace out a circle by running around the invisible circumference in same direction

1x single point green beams that trace out a circle by running around the invisible circumference in same direction

1x single point red beams that trace out a circle by running around the invisible circumference in same direction

1 x single point green beams that oscillate along the X axis and meet in the middle

1 x single point red beams that oscillate along the X axis and meet in the middle

If you're wondering why I did the single point circle tracing beams, is because I think they look better single point. However, you have both single and two point and so can choose.

The speed of any of these can be altered by adjusting the time in seconds of either their keyed position on the full cone cues, the beam speed of the actual shape on the beam cues and tracing cues or the oscillation position X in the oscillating beam cues.

Let me know if they were ok.

I thought I was making 3 cues in 5 mins but ended up making 10 in 1hr 20mins! Must admit the one where you wanted the points running in the same direction had me stumped for a while until I got my mind around it. Never mind. That's a Stroopwaffel you owe me.

BTW don't use Build 425 for your show. I've come across some serious bugs in the timeline and one in the workspace so I suggest you look at 424 as I don't recall them being in that build.

Also, don't forget, Aaron may come up with some alternatives that may suit you better.