Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween show

I've just downloaded the show off the server and I'm watching it now.

WOW

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo
    I've just downloaded the show off the server and I'm watching it now.

WOW

Jim
    Do we trade show now ??
    And dont tell the ohters about it :roll: :roll:

It's on the FTP server if you want it Filip. We honestly weren't trying to hide it from you. I don't think it was ever even advertised/posted on the boards, but no doubt Jimbo (and a few others) noticed that it was there on the server and just decided to grab it. However, Fred only stuck it up there so I could D/L it and do some tests for him about a week ago. (Just before Halloween) The show really isn't "finished", in that there are still quite a few bugs in it. (see below)

We didn't have any other way to move such a huge file back and fourth other than FTP, and since my FTP site is down for good (thanks to my ISP's new rules - grrr), we had to put it on the site that Thomas set up for the laserjam project so I could look at it here and see what was wrong.

We did find out the source of the timing problem, BTW... If you use Mamba Black and you use media-player to play the audio (which is the default option), the timing is OK. But if you tell Mamba to use WinAmp to play the music, the timing between the audio and the laser graphics will drift over time, and eventually they will be out of sync. Since Fred edited the original show using Winamp, the timing is wrong now.

We had a feeling something like this was going on, but we didn't have a show long enough to reliably demonstrate the problem. That is, until Fred pieced together his 13 minute Halloween show! He had lots of timing glitches towards the end of the show, which made it easy to figure out exactly what was going on. (Now that we know what caused them, we'll have to go back and re-edit the show again... But Halloween isn't for another year, so we'll have plenty of time!)

I don't mind trading shows, and I've said before that I'll put everything I create up on the server. But I'm still looking to upgrade to Mamba Black before I really get started. (The Mamba 2004 software I just got won't sync to music, and music is a big part of what I want to do, so there you go...) When I get my software, we should probably start talking about a file storage/swap area. (Thomas has been very generous in providing us the temp space on his server for the laserjam project, but I don't know if he wants to have to keep that up and running indefinitely...) Don't want to wear out our welcome!

Who do I have to ask for the FTP info? I'd gladly upload some of my shows

I requested access off TL
    Send him a PM and he may grant access.
    As buffo says it was originally set up to help sort out the Laser Jam project.

Jim

i think we need a server to share show :roll: :roll:

Have been great to use the same FTP as we got now...
    But that is not up to me to decide.....

Well, I don't want to speak for Thomas (TL here on the boards)... If he agrees to keep the site up, then I suppose we could use it for both purposes. But it's his call. He set the site up for us to use for the laser jam project. Not sure how long he intended for us to be using it though.

Adam

I can set up an FTP server for show etc.. if needed
    Just for Photonlexicon users

It's no problem to use the server also for sharing shows...

But please keep in mind that copyrights are observed, e.g. you hold the copyright on the shows you will upload...

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TL
    It's no problem to use the server also for sharing shows...

But please keep in mind that copyrights are observed, e.g. you hold the copyright on the shows you will upload...

Thomas
    That is GREAT
    A idea is to make a "Mamba Black" folder to mamba show..
    And if you have LDS show, make a LDS folder ?

The correct mp3 track is also very much wanted