Thread: And then there was no blue :(

Default And then there was no blue :(

Well last night I managed to mess my blue laser up
    I think it was because my ILDA plug was a little loose.
    All three lasers (RGB) started flickering so I started checking the cables and then the blue went off.
    The G+R were still flickering until I found the ILDA connector half out, as soon as I shoved it in properly the R+G came on ok but the blue stayed off.
    I'm hoping it is just a fault on the blanking side of the blue as I believe they have an opto-isolator and this can pop.

Just in case anybody has any other suggestions (if I cant sort it out) please post.

Also if dave is looking in on this thread do you have any info on the dpss psu it is the same as your LP473-50, also dave do you have details of the differences between the ttl and analogue versions of the psu? I expect they are the same apart from a few front end components, or are they totally different psu boxes?

Cheers chaps

Jim

ps The alarm led didn't light, both power and laser led's do though.

DAMN!!! I was about to post and ask how your's looks... ops: Did you figure it out? Warranty claim??? :roll:

UPS tracking says mine is in Orlando... I work in Orlando... But live 30 miles north of here... Ironic isn't it... I am physically closer to it right now than I will be when I go home and wait for it to be delivered... :?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

It is good, its much better than my green and red in the rgb.
    At about 50 feet the beam has only spread to about 10mm diameter and circular, where the green and red are about 15x20mm and more oval.
    I'll repair it myself as it was my fault in all honesty because I should have made sure the ILDA connector on the rgb screwed in correctly.

I've nearly finished drawing out the schematic for the driver board (ttl modulation) so that I can look at converting it to analogue possibly.

Jim

Awesome... I can't wait... My blue is on the way to the place where they put it on the UPS truck that will take it to my house... Should be there today!!! Now if only that DAC would arrive... :?