Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where can I buy eye protection for laser beams?

Default Where can I buy eye protection for laser beams?

Where can I buy eye protection for laser beams?

Thanks

yes... I also NEED that 8)

Try wickedlasers, they have several models for green lasers. A bit pricey, but good quality I hear. There are other, cheaper solutions, like toolkings. Try the following link for other vendors (and other wavelengths too)
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

Thanks guys!
    Is there one goggle that will work for both red and green lasers?

All for one protection?
    We use a lot of lasers, reds, blues, greens ..

I got my goggles from eBay. They are pretty old and fugly but they work well for green and IR. Goggles are coated with a film that reflects certain wavelengths. If you havd a pair that reflected R, G and B, no wavelengths would get passed. You'd get NO light and not be able to see anyhthing. Maybe... no you'd see nothing. I was going to say the other 3 in the spectrum, but those are subtractive colors and are just cominations of the other 3 colors. If you don't get the first 3 you can't get the other 3. :roll:
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Can you not get them to pass only a portion of the light?
    If you think about the welding goggles some let you see more of the light than others so that you can see where your rod is before stricking up.
    Or maybe another way of thinking about it would be like the protection factor of suncreams.
    Just a thought.
    It is a worry though because you need to see the beams for aligning purposes though.
    If you use a hazer does that defract the beam and show other frequencies of light?

Jim

I need glasses for

650nm red
    532nm green

someone please link me to the right goggles on ebay

Can I use my dicrho that reflect the GREEN dpss ? haha..
    just put in in front of my eye

You may be right, I know welding goggles seem to work well at all lengths. Goggles are rated at Optial Densities or OD that are how much of whatever wavelength is blocked. I have thought of getting a pair of welding goggles but just haven't. When I am aligning my blue argon or red diode I just turn them down to below 5mWs... My 100 mW green doesn't have a way to turn the power down so that's why I got goggles for it.

here are my exact goggles but with different wavelength specs... 510 to 570... It looks like they have 2 pair.

here are a pretty nasty pair for 1064 and 808, no real use for any of us...

I have an idea, here is the search I did on eBay. When I got mine I found a buy it now, but it took me about a week to find a decent deal. I got 2 pair for $40 USD, I think $10 for shipping. They were used but they work. If you got a few bucks to spare and want to try the wleding goggles I have heard they work but would prefer soem pics before I try them. :roll: 8)

I wouldn't recomend welding goggles. They are generally rated at OD 4 or 5, which is too dark to see anything. You could see the laser if it's powerfull enough, but not much of anything else, making it very difficult to align it. I'd strongly suggest laser specific goggles.

As for red and green goggles, those don't exist, as far as I know. You'll need a pair for each laser. On the other hand, most "green" goggles are safe for blue lasers as well, so you could use those for argons as well as for green DPSS.
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.