Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A 'Call for Entries' - Seeking an Investor

Lightbulb A 'Call for Entries' - Seeking an Investor

Investment-Op, Closed.

..see everyone in Van Nuys...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 03-21-2013 at 12:12. Reason: closed..
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Just wanted to let you know that you have to have a license in order to find investors for you and then take a fee for it.......

Putting up a kickstarter funding request might be a easy way to do it, T-shirt lvl, Pre-sale ticket lvl, Privite Shows lvl, and on and on.

Picasso, I was thinking the same thing. You would just have to figure out what would be good rewards. The tough part is to balance how much time / energy / cost for rewards vs funding.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

However it can be 30-45 days after close of funding till kickstarter turns over money. One good thing the kickstarter will give you is locations of users who fund you. This is good stuff for picking show locations later on.

Hey Jon,

why don't you take it to the shark tank (for our UK and Canadian members its the dragons den)
    Last edited by VJ AIWAZ; 04-25-2012 at 15:58.

Hey Guys -

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    ..you have to have a license in order to find investors for you and then take a fee for it.......
    Slightly confusing - you mean, the 'finder'? Perhaps, for certain types of projects / amounts, but - I don't think this is anywhere near that 'caliber a deal'.. I still have all the 'accreditation-process' info from when they were doing the 'Vine' deal, but again - this is a 'chiclet', compared to that.. Happy to have you send me an info-link if there's something I may have missed..

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    Putting up a kickstarter..
    Already on-it... That will be good for the 'bigger-picture' / longer-term efforts.. Stay-tuned.. Right now, we need to 'capture the summer'... just fielded 2 more 'when are the shows-calls' in the last hour..

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    what don't you take it to the shark tank
    Heh, this is not anywheres near 'that kind of $$ / deal'.. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't even 'qualify'. Besides, not looking to 'give up' 1/2 the friggin Co.. just a reasonable ROI for some reasonable near-field seed..

Thanks, Guys... Appreciate the suggestions..
    j

Kecked,

Sorry, but this confuses me. I have been involved in a number of deals where this was part of the negotiations and the final status of the participants would make the "finder" a very ill defined position. The background of the referring party varied from a machinist to a physics professor. What licensing are you referring to?

Jon,

You are being, I assume, intentionally a little vague. But, can you give some rough order of magnitude and duration as in say $ 50,000 for 1 year prior to any return and say X years/months prior to...you know.
    This might help direct the interest.

PM coming.

Thumbs up

Hi Jon

Maybe I can help.
    I'm in Mexico city, and I have time at nights, my workshop, spare parts, test equipment, some gear,
    And I think I have more than ten years with Lasers, Pango and Special Effects of experience.
    Im good in doing things (Mexican stile)

Cheers,
    Ed

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by megaton View Post
    Hi Jon..Maybe I can help.
    Gracias, Amigo, pero.. tenemos bastante capaz, aca.. solo falta un poquito de la 'plata' y podemos comenzar... Pero, si tienes pasaporté.. venga! y a ver que nivel de 'traviesuras' podemos alcanzar!

salud..
    j