Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about abstract in Mamba?

Default How about abstract in Mamba?

Who would like to make some abstract frames in mamba? Well I wrote a program that will take control of the mouse and draw abstract frames for you. Actually it will work with any CAD/Drawing program.

First open mamba.
    Maximize frame area.
    select Draw Polyline

open Spiro
    Play around with the shapes and lines
    when satisfied click use mouse then select the shape again
    Spiro will take over

Have fun :-D

get it here
    http://www.djdevnull.com/upload/SPIRO.exe

That did sound pretty awsome..
    I will test it out tomorrow THANX

Cool, works to a fashion, doesn't fit the abstract in the whole area though. Good idea though!

after the image is created you can stretch it. plus those 4 input boxes are start X,Y and end X,Y It's a rough draft made it in about 6hrs. I have also added the ability to manually select how many lines and in the abstract instead of the low, medium, high

How the HELL did you do this? Did you de-compile the program to figure out how to write a plug-in? (I understand that Mamba was developed with Delphi...) I'm impressed, either way!

Adam

Edit: Ah... I see. I hadn't actually tried it when I posted above. But I see now how it works. Cool!
    Last edited by buffo; 05-05-2007 at 03:22.

haha no not even. It's so simple really. It's a simple abstract generator. When you find an abstract you like click the "Use Mouse" check box and it takes over the mouse drawing it for you. It was very easy to write

How do you transfer it into Mamba?

Jim

Jim;

You don't have to transfer it. If you do it right, it will be drawn in Mamba for you. Here's how:

Open Mamba first. Make the drawing area full-size. Seelct the poly-line drawing tool. Now open Spiro. Find a pattern that you want to use. Then select the "use mouse" button and re-load the pattern. When you do that, the mouse will move around on the Mamba window, drawing the pattern for you.

I think all Spiro does is to switch the active window from Spiro to Mamba when you click the use mouse button. Then it sends mouse move commands directly to the explorer shell when you load the pattern. This means it's moving the mouse and clicking it for you, but since Mamba is the active window it receives those mouse clicks and thus draws the pattern for you. No real inter-process communication required.

Still, it's damn cool in my book!

Adam

hehe I'm even more impressed with it now :lol:

Jim

Well thank you

Like I said very simple but works! You can even try the line tool and Square and circle. If you guys really like it I'll keep working on it.