Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RGB Projector finished and LEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    I think you will also need a case interlock as well.

I heard that you don't need a safety interlock if I am the only one that will be using the laser. Something about having one would be "protecting you from yourself". Plus the projector uses screws to close the lid.

Is this true???

-MO-

Is there also something about an emergency kill switch/button?

Jim

Sorry for dredging this post up, since if you submitted your variance paperwork you'll already know this. I'm just adding this footnote so it's recorded for others also going through this process.

The laser emission indicator light must be on the same side (and hopefully near) the output aperture. From what I can tell from your photos, the light is on the wrong side to meet the requirements...

The other thing, which you may already have done, is a 10 second power on delay for the laser. The "cheap" solution
    to meet this requirement is done by using an "ignite" switch that is disabled for 10 seconds.

Aside from that, it's a good clean implementation!

For most systems, the emergency kill switch is handled on the laser controller side, though if your controller does not
    support it, then you'll have to think about how to wire one in to the projector. This can be as simple as routing a remote
    power switch.

:lol:
    That's funny... You have the same exact blue and red lasers I have, AND the same power green... Makes a nice white don't it? Nice projector!!!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin