Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RGB Projector finished and LEGAL!

Default RGB Projector finished and LEGAL!

I posted a few weeks ago when I finished putting together my first RGB projector, but now I finally included all the goodies it takes to make it legal.

Here are some details:
    Green = ~30mW @ 532nm
    Red = 200mW @ 658nm
    Blue = 50mW @ 473nm

I made the custom box out of sheet metal and I added a 1/2" piece of MDF board to the bottom to help keep the optics stable and to save on weight (the whole box weighs about 10 lbs).

Here are some pics:

First the safety features.......

Key switch

LED indicator

Shutter

another shot of the shutter

The whole projector

The Output

All I need now are the stickers, and the VARIANCE!!!

Now that everything else is done, I have no more excuses for laggin.

-MO-

WOW!! Thats NICE!!!
    Where did you get the optics?

Quote Originally Posted by cruch
    WOW!! Thats NICE!!!
    Where did you get the optics?
    www.edmundoptics.com

Wow that last beam picture there is one of the BEST picture I have ever seen from a RGB laser (and with so low output in mW) !!
    I dont understnad how you do it

I think I need to take more photos from my RGB...
    I never get my photos that good...... maybe I got fooled and my lasers is only 10mW :roll:

You have done a great job it`s just sweet..

Mobruin;

Very nice pics! Good job on the projector. Let us know how the variance application goes!

Adam

can you e-mail me that ILD file you did use to create the last picture there ?

Sorry for posting this topic twice (in two forums). I just noticed that sometimes people post replies in one forum but not the other and vice versa. I can't tell sometimes which place is best to post topics, The Lounge or Lasers?????

Anyway, sorry for ignoring your question liteglow, I was trying to find an answer for you. When I originally bought my first system, it was for a small, single colored laser. When I wanted to combine the lasers, I made a bigger box but kept the same back panel since it already had all the cutouts for the connections etc. Basically, the labels on the back were done professionally, not by me.

As for the picture, all I did was create two parallel lines of about 30 beams each, set the color change to continous and slowed the scanrate a bit. It also helped that the camera was on a table. Everytime I took a picture holding the camera, the shots came out blurred.

Hope that helps.

BTW, can anyone that has done the full variance paperwork please send me a PM, I could use some advice!

thanks,

-MO-

Quote Originally Posted by MObruin
    Sorry for posting this topic twice (in two forums). I just noticed that sometimes people post replies in one forum but not the other and vice versa. I can't tell sometimes which place is best to post topics, The Lounge or Lasers?????

Anyway, sorry for ignoring your question liteglow, I was trying to find an answer for you. When I originally bought my first system, it was for a small, single colored laser. When I wanted to combine the lasers, I made a bigger box but kept the same back panel since it already had all the cutouts for the connections etc. Basically, the labels on the back were done professionally, not by me.

As for the picture, all I did was create two parallel lines of about 30 beams each, set the color change to continous and slowed the scanrate a bit. It also helped that the camera was on a table. Everytime I took a picture holding the camera, the shots came out blurred.

Hope that helps.

BTW, can anyone that has done the full variance paperwork please send me a PM, I could use some advice!

thanks,

-MO-
    I would be interested in that as well
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Its not too bad. I varianced a projector about 2 1/2 years ago. Took me about 2 weeks to get all the paperwork in order and sent off. Then it took about 6 months before I got an approval. I know there are several forms to fill out, plus you have to have a drawing of the projector and a manual. As well as a few other things. I know there is a web site that has all of the forms as well as info on what they need. I don't have the link anymore though. I am getting ready to variance another projector so I will dig up all the info soon.

David

I think you will also need a case interlock as well.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/